So I started encountering this issue roughly around 3 weeks back which is still fairly new into the game cycle sadly. My gameplay at the first couple of weeks were completely fine and smooth as butter however, im not sure what changed but i started getting button delay in my games where my inputs would take roughly half a second for it to register onto my game and the issue gradually started getting worse to a point where it's almost unplayable at this point and is the reason you're reading my post here. I've raised a couple topics in reddit to no avail so i'm hoping i can get some answers here from the community managers or from someone that had experienced the same issue and had it resolved.
Because this is the only game i play, i've spent countless hours trying to fix the issue and running through all the trouble shooting options provided by EA's customer service team. Here is a summary of all the steps i've done so far in hopes of fixing the issue but sadly, have yet to resolve it:
- I decided to get a wired connection and bought an expensive CAT-7 ethernet cable
- Opted for a faster broadband connection. I'm with Virgin Media now and get roughly over 100 mbps of download speed with pings ranging from 15-35 when i start the games.
- I've port-forwarded like the customer service asked me to and have the dmz options enabled.
- I've deleted profiles from the game settings and restarted my ps4 multiple times
- I've placed my PS4 on safe-mode and Restored settings to factory default and done rebuild the database option.
- I even paid £65 extra to their specialist gadget rescue team to have them double check my port-forward settings and whether i done it correctly and also so i can contact them 24x7 with any queries/
- I've ran the uoTrace multiple times and keep getting told it's the unknown host on my uoTrace that is causing the issue and to contact my ISP to fix. However, when i go to the ISP, they says there's no issue there and is just something the customer service is telling me to deflect the issue to the ISP. I've been stuck in a loop of going back and forth with both my ISP and EA's customer service both deflecting the issue back at each other.
What i do find completely weird (and even more annoying) is that i'm the only one from my friend circle with the issue. I've been told it could be that i live further away from the servers and that's what could be causing the button delay however, i only wonder if that was the case, surely my friends in the same city should encounter a similar issue. After countless hours spent with the customer service of both EA and ISP, i've been told to try my luck in Virgin Media forums and i am at my wits end at this point and hoping to find a solution here or else i have no other choice to just find a new hobby or game for my spare time as FIFA's unplayable in it's current state.
I have considered changing my ISP multiple times but just as my luck would have it, Virgin Media's the only ISP in my area providing fibre optic internet so i'm fully stuck.
I do apologise in advance for the weird layout of this post as i haven't done so before.
Head over to Thinkbroadband, and setup a BQM. Let it run for 24 hours, then post a link to shared graph, and then we can see what you're up against.
Increasing your bandwidth (speed) will have cost you more, but won't help with response times, since they're governed by latency. Gadget Rescue....well, it's your money, personally I wouldn't expect them to be able to sort this out, which most likely is the broadband connection that VM should sort out.
If you do want to swap ISP, why worry about "fibre optic"? That's marketing cow-poo. For gaming you only need 5 Mbps, but latency is crucial, so if you can get even 35 Mbps on an Openreach connection that would be fine for gaming. But let's see if we can sort out what your problem is before dwelling on changing ISP.
I have this issue also, I did everything possible to my great expense. I thought my controller was faulty. I ordered a wired razer controller, so I’ll see if it makes any difference when it arrives. Like has been said it’s not the speed of the connection it’s this inherent latency. I dropped 3 fut rivals divisions from 3 to six in 3 weeks, being beat by division 7 and 8 genuinely poor players. Passing was going crazy, over powered or under powered, shooting being blazed over the bar and players missing sitters. No pace from 99 pace players. It’s driving me mad, there is no reason for this delay and why can’t the source be detected by an app tool.