Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bitrate is going down when streaming causing lag

Not sure if the above answer was to me or the other guy but I can confirm after the technician arrived today it is still not working properly. Internet is still slow, and from the below image you can see I still get low bitrate, disconnections from OBS and dropped frames. At this point I'm out of options, seriously considering switch ISPs at this point since I've done every test I can think of.Dropping Bit rateDropping Bit ratemonitor.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Update: So my friend told me that my NTL box could be the problem, it should be replaced with a vrigin media one as they had to do this for his. We've had it for a long time, even though the technician who came last time replaced the cable but didn't do anything with the box. These issues aren't going away. NTL BoxNTL Box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us GBUKjai,

Can you please tell me if you have an issue with Wi-Fi connections or is this effecting Wired devices also?

I've looked the stats of the hub and everything is within spec, but it appears you're having a Wi-Fi issue. 

Do you have a desktop computer that can be connected to the hub via a Cat6 Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 43
Flag for a moderator

I am always wired on my desktop, the wifi has always been hit and miss but a wired connection shouldn't have problems and yet it does. I think it's worth replacing the old NTL box, still can't stream with out dropping frames constantly and bit rate going to 0. I've tried everything I can think off, apart from trying a different PC which I don't have to test on. This happened early march, also want to point out, streaming is a lot better from my PS4 for some reason. It's only when I try to on my PC that I run into issues with the connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information GBUKjai. 

Does the lag occur at any specific time frame? 

Is your PS4 on a Wired or Wireless connection? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 43
Flag for a moderator

8pm to 10pm BST is usually when I stream and where it happens. It's hard at the moment for me to find time to stream earlier just to test things but I have tried for about 15 minutes around 6:30pm and it still occurs. The PS4 is also wired. Doubt it helps, but I am on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Hi GBUKjai, 

I think it would be helpful to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

Pop back once you have a BQM; live would be best but at least 24 hours if possible.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 18 of 43
Flag for a moderator

I already did one before and posted but it was removed because of the IP adress, so here is a screenshot with the adress blacked out. I can provide a link to the full live one, this is from friday 26/06/20.BQM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 19 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Hi GBUKjai, 

A quick question for you. Are you seeing your bitrate in OBS suddenly drop down to sub 500kbps for momentary intervals and then 'bouncing' back up to your allocated bitrate?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 20 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes is 500 sometimes around 200 and the worst is 0 and then staying on 0 till I get disconnected and then it reconnects after a few minutes, but yeah sometimes it will dip real low, then spike up to even higher than my set bit rate, then fix it's self for a little while and then does it again. It does this CONSTANTLY. 

0 Kudos