cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600meg still shocking latency now not even getting 100 meg speed no faults here then

nothappywithu
On our wavelength

as title made the stupid decision to stay with virgin on retention pffer bumped up to 600 mehg which will deal with any latency issues (stupid me) well it hasnt and now im not even getting a third of my speed masive in game lag done a spped test to see less than 80 meg reset rubbish hub 4 and still no different

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1643481282310121455

this service is a complete joke

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @nothappywithu, apologies for the delayed response.

We do try to respond as quickly as possible via the community forum, however if you require immediate support we always recommend you give us a call on 0345 454 1111. Having looked on our systems I can see that you did this and spoke to us via phone since posting! 

Your speeds are currently looking good - averaging 655.22 download and 40.29 upload in the last week. I can see multiple downstream signal level issues coming in to the hub. 

I can appreciate you have had a poor experience with multiple technicians appointments and equipment changes but are still experiencing issues with your service. I have contacted the Area field manager regarding your repeat fault issues, and will re-contact you with an update on how to proceed as soon as possible! 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. Do keep us updated with how your service is doing. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi @nothappywithu

I have heard back from the Area Field Manager who advises we get a technician booked out to you as soon as possible. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and get this booked in. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly the tech turned up and confirmed the over utilisation issue which for once shocked me he said he had run tests at the box (i know not what socery he used) and that it was up at 98% to which he stated anything over 10% was bad so mine was shocking to him he tried to get someone somewhere to run the test also but all it kept coming back as was an error he has raised a ticket and will be in touch via email and phone call in the morning to confirm details so that if its not fixed i at least have the full proof of the issue thank you for your time and hopefully this gets sorted soon

@nothappywithu now I am going to make a bold prediction here, you absolutely will NOT get either an email nor a phone call in the morning!

Did you, by any chance mention the term 'over utilisation' to the engineer at any point?

Possibly a 'I'll just make something up to confirm what the customer already suspects, (98% measured at the cabinet - really), and then I can get off to the next job without actually doing anything' scenario.

i must say you have obviously dealt with these muppets before as i did not recieve an email or a phone call you where spot on

Hi nothappywithu thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry for any conflicting information.  We've checked our system from here and cannot find any evidence that there's utilasation in your area.  Please can you confirm how things have been since you last posted?

Regards

Lee_R

LEE R You my friend are a pawn that reads from a script and would not no honesty if it jumped up and bit you on the end of that ever growing Pinocchio nose for me to be supffering 700ms in game ping and speed that drop to 40/50 meg out of 600 and for you to find no issues although Molly T found issues again points to the script and the ever growing nose that most virgin media employee's suffer and read from my current BQM IS BELOW WITH PERFECT LATENCY AND NO ISSUES AT ALL please dont pipe up on this thread again untill you educate yourself on the workings of latency and utilisation issue and seeing as i have just ended a phone call where i have had to explian with my limited knowledge what the workings of a latency issue are to your phone support tech (lovely lady but admitted she had no idea what latency was) i find this all a little to far away with the faires that again theres no issue here please see BQM and mind that nose when you turn your head

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d7d54a636077971bb8730cc01a6040d2c217631f-18-02-2022

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nothappywithu,

Thanks for your response and welcome back to the community!

So sorry for the delay in your issues.

From checking our service I can see that this has been raised with an Area Field manager, as it has been a few days since the appointment I'll chase this up for you and see whether a ticket has been raised in the area.

Apologies again and thanks,

Kain

hortonj88
Fibre optic

Better speed doesn't mean better latency.

Latency is determined by how fast data is sent to and from a destination.

It doesn't matter if you have 20, 200, 600 or 1000 mb/s.

If the connection route or network capacity is poor your latency will be poor.

Left Virgin Media in 2020 after being fobbed off one too many times about over utilisation.

Now: BT FTTP 900/110 connected an ASUS RT-AC86U router.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12098955842.png

Did you get anywhere further with this ?

Let's be honest. Most of the Forum mods on here have absolutely no Networking experience apart from stuff they have learned on the job.
Virgin Media need to send them out with an Engineer (A decent one) and have them work in house with the networking team so they have a basic understanding of the terms. Anyone can read from a sheet, and that is what most of them do. How many forum mods could take a patch cable and plug it into the back of a network router and update it and test it, and make sure it has not been exploited ?

You will say "What's his experience ? Worked with Cisco for approx 8 years."

No longer in the networking industry or anything to do with computers which i am enjoying.

Guys, Just tell them the truth. Not hard. Forum mods take WAY to long to get back to customers.

Telephone calls to Virgin are not much better as you get connected to Shauib in India who can barely understand you, especially if you are from Liverpool or Newcastle.

Reminds me when we were Beta testing the Superhub 3 which had the ping issues because some genius who wrote the software for the Arrus router was sending pings back all the time, and it was killing the hub due to the Puma chipset. That was interesting as we got some decent answers from the techs who knew what the issues were. I might do a test on my Superhub 3 to see if it is still the issue, but time for me is like gold dust nowadays.