cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 years on and i still cannot play games on this VM connection - Orpington

Harry_C
On our wavelength

3 years this has been going on - Orpington Area. 

I get ping psikes constantly throughtout the day but it just peaks in the evening between 6-12pm (depedning on day) and packet loss creeps in and i am unable ot even sit in a VOIP call let alone think about playing a vdieo game. 

I've had engineer visits over this 3 years doing different things but NOTHING has fixed this issue, and it is now becoming beyong a joke that you have left this to happen in my area for this long.

Can i please get some compantant staff actually look at this issue and help me get it fixed? 

BQM Graph 

35 REPLIES 35

@Harry_C alas I can only reiterate the advice I gave in this thread a month and a half ago - the BQMs have all the hallmarks of over utilisation - seething  which I believe the Bromley area does suffer from.

Now the issue here is that you have, in the opening post, admitted that this has been going on for three years, so ask yourself this, 'why do you think that VM will expend whatever it takes to improve the service?’ You have put up with it for this time, and the implication is that you will simply suck it up and put up with it for another three years, meanwhile dutifully paying them whatever they demand each month! You have also admitted that you can’t or don’t want to leave because there are no suitable alternative suppliers - so even less incentive for them to do anything then.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is the unfortunate truth, and, actually, from their perspective, fairly sound business sense - at least in the short-medium term!

OK here’s a suggestion, you say that you already have a second connection, as an experiment for one week, turn the VM hub off and make everyone in your household use this other connection, and just see how it goes. Yes I know, the knee-jerk reaction will be ‘no we can’t possibly cope with just......’, just try it and see.

Honestly, after all this time, I think the real question here is not so much ‘what will VM be doing to improve matters’ but rather ‘what will YOU be doing?'

Harry_C
On our wavelength

Absolutely im stuck. But atleast other customers that come here for their small problem can see that VM do not care about their network or subscribers in the slightest and they should prepare themselves for one of the worst and longest uphill battles to see absolutely no improvement whatsoever even after multiple years.  

Harry_C
On our wavelength

71E05F31-9547-4E2F-93CF-58A324480D8B.jpeg

No words needed there really

Good Afternoon @Harry_C, have you possibly looked at the prospect of switching our equipment off to see if your family's demand for the services can be issued via the alternative connection, as per the advice from @jem101?

Judging by the advice given and the time frame of this fault, a cancellation of our services might be the best option for you in this circumstance.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry, but this absolutely reads as VM saying, we won't fix the issue.

@Luke_113 wrote:

Sorry, but this absolutely reads as VM saying, we won't fix the issue.

Yes. Putting it bluntly, you need to accept that the company are now formally telling you they are not doing anything to sort this out in any credible timeframe, and you need to move on.  "Thank you for your custom, sorry you're leaving us, is there anything else we can help you with today?"

Review your options here:

1) Make a formal complaint to VM and demanding compensation for the months of poor connection and being given the run around rather than admit there was a problem and that they couldn't care less.  This complaint to VM will get fobbed off.  When it gets fobbed off (or an insulting poor compensation offer) you read CISAS customer guidance and take the matter to them, whilst separately sorting out an alternative ISP.

2) Tolerate the VM service and keep paying, possibly with a separate Openreach line for latency sensitive uses.

3) There is no third option - VM have no statutory duty to provide a service, they can choose not to fix problems, the industry regulator takes little notice of VM's behaviour, even consumer protection law can't force VM to resolve the underlying capacity problem they have caused by over-selling.  I suspect eventually VM will fix the problem (or sufficient customers leave to balance capacity with demand) but as you've seen, then VM just do more hard selling to increase customer numbers again and recreate the problem.