cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

un spaming SPAM

bandacam
Joining in

How can I permanently alter a regularly received email marked as SPAM to go to my Inbox instead ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Reply to the email in your Spam folder but replace the recipient's email address with your own before sending? Is it delivered to your Inbox or Spam folder?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bandacam wrote:

How can I permanently alter a regularly received email marked as SPAM to go to my Inbox instead ?

Here is VM's advice on that. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-spam-settings 

You will see they say that if you save the sender as a contact in your Webmail account that will stop their emails being flagged as spam. However, there is a massive caveat to that.

In many cases VM flag emails as spam not because of the email's content but because of the results of the checks they have run to  confirm the email has come from the sender that appears in the "From " field. That is to prevent so called email spoofing that is a trick used by spammers and scammers to make emails appear to come from a legitimate source rather than a spammer / scammer.

If those checks give VM cause for concern as to the email's authenticity then those sender's emails will always be flagged as spam in your Webmail account. Even turning spam filtering of altogether will not prevent that.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Reply to the email in your Spam folder but replace the recipient's email address with your own before sending? Is it delivered to your Inbox or Spam folder?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wait for the forum team to reach your post in a few hours / days to help with resolving the false positive.

In the meantime consider trying the following to try and identify the cause:

1. repeat the previous instruction to send the problem email to yourself instead but this time highlight half of the message body, cut to clipboard by pressing Ctrl + X and then send the email
  2. If the sent email is delivered into your:
    Spam folder, reply to it but before sending highlight half of the message body and save to clipboard by pressing Ctrl + X
    Inbox folder, reply to it but before sending highlight all the message body and paste previously save clipboard by pressing Ctrl + V to overwrite it
  3. repeat the previous step until the problem part of the message is identified