cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

three month's worth of emails have been moved from my server inbox and other outlets

JaneOlivia1
On our wavelength

what is going on please? my emails seem to have been deleted - there are absolutely vital emails in there? can someone help me get them back?

9 REPLIES 9

JaneOlivia1
On our wavelength

actually it is now my entire cache of emails on my main blueyonder address - several vital years' worth. i didnt exceed storage. can someone help please?? 

from Google this clearly is a Virgin media issue as has happened to others. My account is active and in constant use. Can a Virgin employee please assist me? I get absolutely nowhere when I telephone for help, ever. 

JaneOlivia1
On our wavelength

please, please can a Virgin technician reach out for this. I have lost years' worth of emails suddenly and they are not anywhere - I've checked and checked. This is appalling, and heartbreaking.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneOlivia1  If the emails concerned are not showing in the Inbox or any other folder, including Trash, within the VM Mail webmail interface then VM will not be able to recover them for you.  If  you haven't already checked via webmail you should do so by going to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and logging in with the email address concerned and password.

If they are not showing the most likely explanation is that they have been deleted when using another email client connected via the IMAP settings.

Do you not keep offline backups of your important emails?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

my emails were on my phone, webmail and in mail app. all wiped. the virgin media helpline, such as it is, are telling me there was an outage and say this has to do with it. but the 150 tech support is awash with contradictory/unhelpful advice. i am trying to find out if the emails will magically appear again. i wish someone could tell me what happened, why. others have said same so I don't imagine I am culpable here.

As advised above, you need to keep copies of important emails offline where they are relatively safe.

If the problem is that you cannot access your email account, VM staff may be able to help you reconnect to it. But if you can connect to the account and the emails are missing from all the folders in your account, whatever the reason, they have sadly gone. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

JaneOlivia1
On our wavelength

thanks for your time, and appreciated - but your point, twice made, feels rather victim blaming. This is a Virgin Media issue and should be treated as such by them.

It might have been a Virgin fault, or it might have been a fault with any of the devices you have been using to access your email. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JaneOlivia1,

I'm really sorry to hear your emails have been cleared completely. I've taken a look and can see no issues on our end that has caused this to happen. Were you able to check the online mail platform at https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ as advised by @Graham_A? If your email is showing there, then it may be a configuration issue on your email service/device.

If there are no emails when signing in to the online mail platform, we would not be able to retrieve any emails as it would mean that the emails have been deleted directly from our servers. Issues like this can occur if you've removed an email from an app or your phone, or if you have amended any settings 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ