Menu
gpowell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

still no access to Blueyonder emails!!

Have had no access to secondary email  address (blueyonder) for 10 days. Its usually accessed from the browser (big mistake!! primary account always accessed through chrome/gmail with no problem) but its had the 'not available'  notice for 10 days - no reason, no change in anything else

3 phone calls of an hour each have failed to solve it

always a promise that : "it will be fixed in 5 days (!!!???)"... or "someone will phone back within 48 hours" and every time I phone they startover with  'within five days'.

My partner needs access to emails for health and work reasons... they are going spare and anxiety is rising.

This is surely a 'flick of the switch'  problem?!

The main account works, the primary email works... the secondary email address should really not have a problem.

Any guidance or tips would be helpful.. anyone? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
gpowell
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

email unavailable for 10 days - blueyonder secondary account

please can someone help.

After 3 x 1 hour long calls to 150 and 10 days waiting we still have no resolution (nor explanation) of the 'your mailbox in unavailable at this time' message.

The email account is a secondary account usually accessed via the browser. The main account is accessible (although I forward it all and access is via gmail/chrome). 

I have changed the password on the secondary account, run virus scans etc etc...

Anxiety levels in this household are rising fast - email needed for health and work reasons...

your help please would be very much appreciated.  

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: email unavailable for 10 days - blueyonder secondary account

@gpowell wrote:

Anxiety levels in this household are rising fast - email needed for health and work reasons...

your help please would be very much appreciated.  

I can definitely understand your frustration with the situation but you are not helping yourself or others by continually creating new threads on the forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/still-no-access-to-Blueyonder-emails/m-p/4624511

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/email-unavailable-for-10-days-blueyonder-secondary-accoun... 

This community forum is intended to be a resource where VM customers can get help and advice from other customers. However it is supported by a number of VM staff, the "ForumTeam" and they step in for issues such as yours that require intervention by VM.

Those VM employees are doing their best to keep up with these issues and they try to deal with the oldest posts first. However, due to the heavy demand the wait time is currently more than a week and when people make multiple posts it only makes the Forum Team's job more difficult.

Obviously the lack of email service is causing you and your family a lot of worry. If that is the case, my advice (as a long standing customer of VM) is to set up a new email account with either:

Gmail -  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en-GB 

or Outlook,com - https://outlook.live.com/owa/ 

Both of those are free, more reliable than VM's email service and they also have better security and anti spam filtering.

For what it's worth, I have never used VM's email service, either for personal or business emails.

I hope you realise that I am trying to be helpful and constructive - I'm definitely not "having a go" at you.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gpowell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just replied to you message Coenoby ... but a message came up to say the message wasnt found... deurr

so in case it didnt reach you. I was asked to start a thread by a member of the team John_GS (Forum Team) - I said I had already done that but complied  anyway.  TBH i thought I was commenting on people emails not starting a thread - but hey.. you learn something everyday

Thanks for your advice re emails - when the situation with the secondary email is resolved I will advise my partner on a longer term approach. My blueyonder email is accessed via one of my gmail accounts. Having had blueyonder accounts and paid for broadband from Virgin (and its predecessors)for over 25  years, I don't see why I should move away - although at times like this it is tempting. Thank you 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@gpowell wrote:

I just replied to you message Coenoby ... but a message came up to say the message wasnt found... deurr

TBH i thought I was commenting on people emails not starting a thread - but hey.. you learn something everyday

As you probably seen, all your separate threads have been merged into one  to keep things straightforward.

As an aside, re your comment

" Having had blueyonder accounts and paid for broadband from Virgin (and its predecessors)for over 25 years, I don't see why I should move away "

I could write a book on why no-one should use the "free" email accounts provided by their Internet Service Provider as their main email account. In fact all my posts on the subject on this forum over the years would probably fill a book. However, I have long since given up trying to convert the faithful from their beloved Virgin Media, BT etc etc email accounts. 😊

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gpowell
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks coenoby

Good to know everything is now in one place

Can imagine the arguments against the free email addresses... unfortunately I and my businesses have also had failures with paid and domain led email... .sometimes the big players are a practical convenience for small businesses and individuals and have helpd reduce- if not eradicate the digital poverty divide

but... still no access to emails from secondary account... it s like losing your filofax (...#vintage)

0 Kudos