cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Your mailbox is not available at the moment". Recurrent Issue. Come on Virgin Media sort it out!

hannahf
Dialled in

I’m sick to death of this happening.

I’m paying a considerable amount per month and I just don’t have the time to waste.

Every time I call up I have to go through this whole long winded rigmarole of explaining the issue several times to several different people before someone can actually help me.

It’s not acceptable.

It’s not a password issue. It’s an issue YOUR end as it happens simultaneously with my laptop, phone and web mail.

PLEASE SORT IT OUT!!!!!

I thought after it happened several times in October it had been sorted but alas no, it's happened just now... 

My laptop, phone and webmail....none of them available.... 

VM mail gives this message

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary"

To make it worse I am SO sick of calling VW to be told to reset my password.. No this is NOT an option. This is a known issue so how come no one I speak seems to understand me asking them to unlock my mailbox.

Constantly changing my password is NOT the answer.

I need CONSTANT access to my email. Not 10 weeks without as some people have apparently encountered. This is not an option for me.

I'm currently waiting for a call back after firstly being left on hold for 20 mins at my first attempt, being met with someone clueless for my 2nd attempt...but not holding my breath.

So hoping someone from VW is on here who will unlock my mailbox for me. Thanks!

And long term what are you guys doing to stop this from keeping on happening?

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hannahf

Sorry to hear this 

Resetting the password to one you haven't used before  and waiting 30 minutes is the quickest way to get access again 

Its also best to scan all devices that you access the email on for virus or malware 

Gareth_L

LOL sorry for laughing but I guess Gareth didnt read the post correctly, put your feet up, it could be weeks as it is in my case.

chp6ph1
On our wavelength

Raise a formal complaint - I have!  The more folk that do, the more likely someone further up the Virgin Media food chain might do something!  Funnily enough, it's hard to find the web form for this.  It's not a bad idea to have something in writing and talking to 150 to complain is generally a waste of time.  Try https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints/broadband-tv-phone-contact

At least I managed to temporarily fix it by...wait for it... resetting my password. But it's just not worth the hassle any more.

And I'm astounded that the 'technical team' don't know this issue and sort it straight away (the first time it ever happened to me the technician simply pressed some buttons her end and enabled my mailbox again. 

Customer service has got worse as no one seems to understand. In October I spoke to a fab guy who totally understood the issue, was really apologetic and told me it was a nightmare and being worked on.... 

The rude person on Sunday had literally Zero idea of what I was talking about and simply accused me of entering the password incorrectly 3 times!!! And couldn't fathom that that wasn't the case. 

VM are quite happy having customers grumble and complain, well it seems so to me We get caught in the everlasting loop or poor advice, poor understanding from call centres and finally poor service.

If you dont like having issues with email, broadband or tv your only recourse is taken from you .. the ability to vote and complain with your feet. I wish I had not renewed my contract, whilst VM may well HAVE been the fastest ISP they are no longer. Many more ISPs are starting to offer Gig speeds which once in my area will be a happy day for me.

Glad you got access.

jackoswhorld
Joining in

I am currently experiencing the exact same problem since @6pm tonight. Lost access via iPad, android phone, email software on PC and webmail. This is incredibly frustrating and inconvenient and no apparent resolution available 

Hi jackoswhorld,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

Can you confirm if you have reset your password since this has stopped working?

^Martin