Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"Spam" email sending problem came back

Hello again, 

Last year I had a problem when I could receive emails, and send out to Virgin/NTL addressees, but could not send anything out to any other email contacts. 

I corresponded with a nice guy called Graham, I think, until I finally got through to a wonderful lady at Virgin in a Manchester office, who finally solved the issue. 

She said that our "primary" account and "secondary" accounts had got mixed up somehow, and that outgoing emails were basically being blocked. Apparently the issue was identified and a few password changes over the phone later, it was solved. 

Now, almost exactly a year later, we have the same problem from this morning. Whenever I try and send out an email from our Virgin Email webpage account, I get this: 

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [Name <name@gmail.com>] (554 - 554 5.2.0 SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=Jx1djqRre5N9PJx1djbTKs;sid=Jx1djqRre5N9P;mta=smtp3.tb;d=20200402;t=122442[CET];ipsrc=172.25.160.142;
)

"Name" is the person we are sending to (removed, obviously). 

No use calling the call centres as, even without being busy, they ran me around for three weeks last time and kept telling me lies. Also, I don’t have time to do that this time...we are responsible for helping out several elderly people in our area, two of which are on the Shield isolation list, with their shopping and need the email to stay in contact, so while I know everyone will say it’s important, our communication really is something of a priority as we are volunteering to help during this awful, crazy time. 

What a time for the email to go down!! Thanks for help...please try and get this to someone at Virgin who knows what they are doing and can identify and solve this as before. THANKS!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Spam" email sending problem came back

Just bumping this as we have several elderly and vulnerable people we are helping to get through the virus crisis and really need them to be able to receive our emails for shopping dates, lists, etc. 

I think one of our primary and/or secondary accounts have been closed or suspended - I have no idea what this really means but it happened around this time last year. Please can someone from VM get us back up and running and tell us what to do so this doesn’t keep happening again? 

Big thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RickyBranston, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear you are again experiencing an issue with your email address. 

Could you please pop your email in to the mail tester site here www.mailtester.com just to ensure the address is active.

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat, 

Thanks for your reply...did mailtester and it came back as email is valid but wasn’t sure it was safe to post the results here. 

Our account does exist and works...we can receive emails no problem but just can’t send out to anyone who isn’t a VM customer. Last year I finally got through to a great lady in Manchester who told me we were using a secondary account and that the primary account had gone dormant...? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

I will need to take a closer look if that's okay. 

I am going to pop you over a private message which will show in the purple envelope on the top right of this page.  If you could please reply with your details, I will be happy to help. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos