cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

previous emails

penhilchippyman
Tuning in

Hi Guys

How do i get older Emails that i have received from virgin media, Have logged into my  NTL email account , done a search for emails from virgin but it only shows about 50 there dont seem to be any from the past,    i.e  2018   .2017 etc

Any Help,Please

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@penhilchippyman wrote:

done a search for emails from virgin but it only shows about 50 there dont seem to be any from the past,    i.e  2018   .2017 etc

Have you looked in the Archive folder?

If not then look in the left pane of the Webmail page with the list of folders and click on "Archive".

If those old emails have been archived then you should see the there. However, if they have been deleted then I'm afraid they are gone for good unless you have them in the email app or client that you usually use to view your emails.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have never deleted my old emails,my email counter shows 9999+ 1.9 gig of them i also scroll through them but it stops at year 2010 but i have been with virgin since it changed from blueyonder to virgin ny email address is blueyonder.co.uk. i have not arcived any emails.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If all the emails are in a single folder then in webmail:

• select the folder
  • then the Search… field
  • enter a date, for example 2010, and then select as date from drop down list
    to enter a date range format is DD-MM-YYYY to DD-MM-YYYY

FYI emails older than June 2015 likely appear under [Gmail] folder; when Google terminated their email service to ISPs in 2015 Virgin Media bought the service in-house and migrated the Gmail mailbox there

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there,  I have noticed the same issue . . . emails prior to 2010 are missing. Very strange and concerning.

Are Virgin's operators able to help recover the emails?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When Google abruptly terminated their email service to ISPs in 2015 Virgin Media moved existing email to a subfolder named [Gmail]; if this folder is not visible then subscribe to it ―in webmail select ⚙ > E-Mail > Change IMAP subscriptions…,  expand all folder view and confirm all folder are selected. If the missing emails cannot be found in any of the newly subscribed to folders then regrettable they are considered unrecoverable.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks