Menu
lesliez
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

old ntlworld email

Hi

I am desperately trying to access my old ntlworld email.  I then  have phoned Virgin Media but they have been unable to help. Can anyone here help me? I used to be a ntlworld customer, then I was with sky for a little and now I an back with Virgin Media.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Leslie 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: old ntlworld email

The prospects are remote. In theory once you have left VM any e-mail accounts you had should have been closed and deleted after 90 days. However VM are not terribly good and either fully deleting accounts or deleting them at all. VM do not back-up mail and when its gone its gone.

So the first thing you should do is test to see if the address is live

mailtester.com

Red means no hope. Green means VM might be able to do something. No guarantees. The process often fails.

The process is called "move and transfer" but doing that, if it is possible and it may not be, would destroy any existing e-mail addresses on your current VM account. 

If you decide you want to go down that route you will need to wait here from a VM staffer to pick up the thread, provided you get the "green light"

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped