Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

oauth.virginmedia email login

Different web address and page layout.   I'm a bit scared to enter my password in case it's a redirect to a pissing site. Never saw this before.   Can Virgin Media tell me if this is normal.

Capture.PNG

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: oauth.virginmedia email login

I think I am in the same postion ...the address does not look correct so I also would like to know the answer I have also posted a similar question 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is genuine. Virgin Media made some changes overnight to the sign in page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Following the changes you've made to the e-mail web site I am now receiving error codes when I try to access my mail through Outlook. The message also says that my encryption isn't recognised. I have about 6 e-mail accounts set up with you but this problem is primarily affecting virginmedia addresses but occasionally affects my blueyonder addresses. All of my accounts have the same settings. I telephoned your help line this morning but unfortunately she tried to blame my browser, Outlook in fact anything at all rather than listen to and try to understand what I was trying to impart. This problem only arose today. In all the years that I have been using your system there has never been a problem with my software. Surely it must have something to do with the changes that you've made.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@peterdavison  I believe the issue you are seeing is unconnected to the My Virgin Media and web Mail sign in changes made overnight.

The current access issues using email clients such as Outlook are under investigation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. If only I had been told that this morning when I rang Virgin I would have been happy. The problem appears to be abating. When I downloaded the notification from you after my query I had no problem at all

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The telephone agents are unlikely to be aware that this is even an issue as it has only recently been flagged for investigation.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Has this issue been resolved? What was the problem and what was the solution please? Could it have affected other e-mail clients?

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Felim_Doyle wrote:

Has this issue been resolved? What was the problem and what was the solution please? Could it have affected other e-mail clients?

Yes it was resolved on 10 June 2020 and it related to intermittent pop3/imap access to vm mail.  It could have affected any email client.