cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld problems

Vincrid
Joining in

I bought a new iPad about a week ago and my ntlworld account wouldn't transfer onto it, whereas my iCloud account will. I was still receiving emails on my MacBook but then today these also stopped arriving as well - although curiously they still come to my iPhone. Am beginning to worry. How do I solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vincrid, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems adding your email to you iPad.

When you are doing this. are you getting any kind of error message at all? 

Can you please confirm if you are following these steps? 

• Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
  • Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
  • Enter your email address and password.
  • Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account

If you are unable to add the account from here, please let us know what message you receive and we will be able to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vincrid, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems adding your email to you iPad.

When you are doing this. are you getting any kind of error message at all? 

Can you please confirm if you are following these steps? 

• Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
  • Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
  • Enter your email address and password.
  • Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account

If you are unable to add the account from here, please let us know what message you receive and we will be able to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. It is exactly what I did originally...and nothing happened. This time however it has registered and is showing new emails that have come through, but not previous emails. That doesn't really matter as I have access to these on my MacBook Air, which is what I mainly use for emails. I really only use the iPad if I'm out.

Many thanks indeed

Vincrid

Hey Vincrid, no problem at all.

Please can you confirm your iPad has the latest software of IOS downloaded on it? 

Sometimes on iPad as well you need to change the settings in Mail to allow emails from a certain time frame you can do this in the mail settings. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Nat

Thanks for your message. I had already done that when it first didn't work. In fact I did this again yesterday before receiving your message and for some strange reason it now does display but not where the other accounts display. To be honest it doesn't really matter where it displays on the iPad but again on a different part of the display to my other accounts.

I can live with it now. Thanks for your help anyway.

Vincrid