cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com account not working

nb987654321
Joining in

Hello.

My ntlworld.com account has suddenly stopped working. I still have an active Virgin Media account and nothing has changed that I'm aware of, but a couple of days ago I started getting authentication errors when trying to access email ("Your email server rejected your login..." - using pop3.virginmedia.com).

The main Virgin media account is set up using my wife's email address, and her email can be accessed via the web client, but I'm unable to add my account (due to the password failing).

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

NB

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nb987654321 wrote:

The main Virgin media account is set up using my wife's email address, and her email can be accessed via the web client, but I'm unable to add my account (due to the password failing).

Any ideas?

I do have some ideas but a bit more information would help to clarify what's going on.

1) Is your ntlworld email account listed if you click on  the "Manage other Virgin Media accounts" in the My Virgin Media account of your main VM account?

To get there enter the email address of that main account here https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media  and then the password when prompted. To get to the Manage other VM accounts section click on the Accounts Settings tab then the Accounts details tab and scroll down that page.

2) What error message do you get when you try to sign directly into your nrlworld email account on the VM website from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Is it "Mailbox unavailable" or "Your email or password was incorrect"?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

First of all, many thanks for taking the time to respond.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, this email account does show up in the "Manage other Virgin Media accounts" section when logged in under my wife's account

2. When I try to add my email account to the web mail interface, I get the error "The provided password for the e-mail address *****@ntlworld.com is incorrect". (This was previously working, but I removed it and tried to re-add it when this problem arose).

Something has clearly change but, as I say, I'm not aware of any changes at my end. Suspect a call to Virgin and a password reset will be required, but keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks again for taking the time.

NB

Hey nb987654321, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you are having some email problems.

This most likely would require a password reset which I can help you with.

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?