Flag for a moderator

mailbox unavailable

Can Virgin please contact me as having issues with accessing emails all day

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox unavailable

I am having issues with same error message and really need to access emails.

Please can Virgin contact me

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox unavailable

Virgin media please help, I need access to my emails and cannot get into my mailbox, i have the following message appear:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

It's not very helpful as the phoneline number is irrelevant to the email, option 2 is for mobile phones!

Please Virgin media can you respond to get this fixed ASAP so i can get my important emails!!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Making multiple posts of the same issue will not get you to the top of the queue.

The relevant section on the phone support system comes under broadband issues as a VM broadband account is a requirement for continuing. VM email use.

The VM Forum Team will reach this thread in due course and should be able to help you with this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but the second post was more descriptive of the problem not as a way of getting to the 'top of the queue'...if there is one

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@LG31 wrote:

Thanks but the second post was more descriptive of the problem not as a way of getting to the 'top of the queue'...if there is one

Ok, if you want to add additional information please add it to main thread rather than start a new one.  Your three original posts have now been merged into a single thread.

Yes, there is a queue, posts are dealt with in chronological order, unless they are escalated to a priority queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: mailbox unavailable

Good Morning, 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

Please can you let us know, are you trying to access the email though webmail or a 3rd party app? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Zak_M 

The message the OP is getting ONLY appears when accessing VM mail via the web mail interface. It is never seen when accessing via an email client. In the latter case the message will be something like username or password incorrect.

The mailbox needs unblocking and the password needs to be changed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply, the message appears on the webmail only, however 3rd party mail also no longer receives the email as an error occurs

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @LG31 

I will take a further look into this from our end. 

I will drop you a PM so we can get some account information. 

Kind regard's 

Zak_M