cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailbox unavailable

kbsserv
Tuning in

I have had the following error message when trying to access Virgin Media webmail 

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I think my account has been locked , i have tried resetting password but still same error.

tryed  the number but don't think its correct as for mobiles not email ?

anyone help please  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This could be caused by a number of reasons.  Is the address linked to your current VM broadband account?

Or, it may have been locked for security reasons.

The Forum Team will ask you to change the password on the account. You may need to use Forgotten Password: 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Depending on you answers the Forum Team will be able to advise further.  They will reach this thread in 24 hours or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

77 REPLIES 77

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This could be caused by a number of reasons.  Is the address linked to your current VM broadband account?

Or, it may have been locked for security reasons.

The Forum Team will ask you to change the password on the account. You may need to use Forgotten Password: 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Depending on you answers the Forum Team will be able to advise further.  They will reach this thread in 24 hours or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

changed my password , has made no difference

Hi kbsserv, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your email account, I've had a look at the account and need to pop you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you. (purple envelope in the top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi there,

I've got the same issue with a mailbox on one of my secondary accounts. I've reset the password but it's still giving me the same "try again in an hour" message. This has been going on since yesterday. What can I do to fix this please?

Many thanks in advance 🙂

Hello Gordon_Sumner

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for passing security Gordon_Sumner

Can you try accessing this email now please 

But first change the password 

Gareth_L

Nod97
Joining in

My daughter's email account has had exactly the same issue for a few days now. She has changed her password but it makes no difference.I'm having trouble getting through to the correct person to resolve this on the phone so any help you can give me here would be much appreciated.

Fluffyglove
Tuning in

I’ve had exactly the same issue as Nod97. Can someone please contact me from Virgin to discuss?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Fluffyglove, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this problem as well. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom