cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging into maybe disabled account

bencrozier
Just joined

This is a bit of a weird one, I used my virgin email for a login to an account and haven touched it since, this is back in 2016, i believe it may have been deactivated aswell but it still allowed me to use it for my login to said account. However, now i cannot log into the email and i need to be able to have access to it. Unsure what else needs to be said, but its a bit confusing all this.

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@bencrozier actually, no it does make sense. Firstly are you a current VM broadband customer? If not or if you are but have had a break in service, then there is a good chance that the email address has been deleted or is in the process of deletion.

As regard to using it as a login for another account, that'll still work - when you originally signed up to this service it would have wanted a username and password, email addresses are 'globally unique' so they are convenient as usernames as nobody else in the world can have the same address. You sign up, the email address is checked at that time (usually by sending  a verification message) but from then on it doesn't matter if the email address is 'live' or not - it's just regarded as a username - it's never checked again. Unless, of course, you need to change something, when they might want to send a verification message to a, now, nonfunctioning address.

Hi bencrozier,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. 

As our valued member @jem101 has explained perfectly, can you confirm if you do still have an active service with us?

Unfortunately, if you do not, it may be the case that you email address has been deleted.

Please let us know if you still require help.

Kind regards Jodi.