cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hacking

missleah02
Just joined

My old blue yonder account has been hacked. They managed to hack my twitter account and change its password and also change the password to my old blue yonder account so i can no longer access it, so i had to create a new virgin account to get help. Any chance of getting the old one shut down? 

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@missleah02 wrote:

Any chance of getting the old one shut down? 

The Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can arrange that for you provided the Blueyonder email account is not the Primary account on a live VM broadband account. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Alternatively, if it is a Primary account -

"change the password to my old blue yonder account"

they may be able to reset the password for you to enable you to take back control of the account.

As an aside,

" i had to create a new virgin account to get help."

If by that you mean a new VM email account,  I am surprised that you could do that. I think it was May 2022 that VM stopped issuing email accounts to new customers and removed the option for existing broadband customers to create new additional email accounts.

They explain that here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account  where in the header section they say:

"Please note, Virgin Media no longer offers the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses. Customers with an existing Virgin Media email address will not be affected; their mail account will remain as is."

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @missleah02,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you believe an old email account/address has been compromised. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!