cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hacked virgin.net email address

Shamu1
Tuning in

my virgin.net email address has been hacked. Can you please help?

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shamu1 

Is this by any chance the email account that @Paulina_Z  re-enabled for you back in November last year?      https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-net/m-p/4863645#M230149 

I see there she said that she "had been able to reset your password on our end and re-activate your emails temporarily. "

She also said "This is only a temporary fix in order to get your important emails moved to a new mailbox."

That was was  2 months ago, so you did you manage to do that and get your new email account up and running?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Coenoby
Yes it's the same one but I haven't managed to let everyone know yet. Can you please help. I should be able to get everything transferred to new email address by end of month if this can be reopened
Trevor

Like myself @coenoby does not work for VM thus isn’t in any position to do anything to help reactivate this email address other than give advice, the only people who might would be the VM forum staff who helped you last time.

But I have to say that reactivating the address was, (as advised) and is, absolutely a one-time only event (and it’s not always possible to do it even the once), I’m sorry to say but this time it has gone for good.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Shamu1,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that your Email has been hacked.

Please can you let us know if it is the email that Paulina helped you with? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Hayley_S as per post 3 in this thread, then yes it is the same address.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Shami1

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are once again having issues with your email address.

We can attempt to do this once again, however as advised it's not a permanent solution & the chances are it will happen once again. 

I will further pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks Zak_M

Look forward to receiving your PM

Kind Regards

Trevor