cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails

TangoJay
Joining in

Hi my blueyonder email account and been hacked and the hacker has changed the password so I cannot access it anymore. I have rang virgin twice now and they have said someone will ring me back and that was a week ago. is there anyone who can help. Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TangoJay,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear your email address may have been hacked and that you have not heard back from our team. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help regarding this. Just to confirm, how long has the email been hacked? Are you unable to change the password as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/login-problems ? Have you also had any correspondence from that email address since it was hacked?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I received several of the usual emails saying that the emails saying that there was a security breach and that they had the details of my account and the password and that they have control of my devices and they wanted money not to share the contents with other people but I just deleted them and ignored it. They then seemed to have changed the password on the account so my devices can no longer log in. Including my virgin media, says The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them. Then I tried recover passwords but it says. 

Error

Your e-mail account [REMOVED] was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again  
Thanks Terry

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Thanks for getting back to us TangoJay,

In order for me to help further I'll need a few details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm