cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails to yahoo addresses are being treated as spam

mikes2400
Fibre optic

When I send emails from my Virgin email account (blueyonder.co.uk) to two different Yahoo users they are suddenly going straight into their Spam Folders, not their Inbox. They are perfectly normal emails with no attachments or links, and It's not happening with emails to other addresses.

I suspect that only Yahoo can fix this, but is there anything that Virgin could do about this situation?

45 REPLIES 45

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mikes2400 

I can confirm the mail you sent to me was received in my Inbox at 17:40

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have a feeling this will impact mails sent to aol.com and aol.co.uk addresses too.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@ravenstar68 wrote:

@Graham_A 

Your second mail from your blueyonder address reached my Yahoo inbox.  So if Yahoo recipients mark a mail as not spam, subsequent mail WILL go to the inbox.

However, I do think VM need to liaise with Yahoo here.  Certainly mail from your viginmedia.com address went straight to spam.

Tim

To correct something I said in an earlier post (ie that marking as 'not spam' makes no difference), I've now been told by the Yahoo user I email regularly that logging in on her laptop (rather than using iPhone) and marking as Not Spam HAS led to my emails now going into her inbox. So yes, that's the temporary solution, but thanks Tim for taking this up with Virgin - things are not as they should be.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to confirm this is also affecting mails to aol addresses as well.

Tim

Brypol
Just browsing

I have recently discovered the same problem with a dozen Yahoo subscribers unable to see my messages. My solution was to create a gmail account, add those Yahoo addresses and resend the original messages: QED

I had to do the same thing, Brypol. It seems extraordinary that this problem was first flagged up on this forum at the beginning of September and Virginmedia and Yahoo appear to have done nothing to resolve it.