cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails to yahoo addresses are being treated as spam

mikes2400
Fibre optic

When I send emails from my Virgin email account (blueyonder.co.uk) to two different Yahoo users they are suddenly going straight into their Spam Folders, not their Inbox. They are perfectly normal emails with no attachments or links, and It's not happening with emails to other addresses.

I suspect that only Yahoo can fix this, but is there anything that Virgin could do about this situation?

45 REPLIES 45

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If anyone wants me to test, just let me know in thread and I'll PM you with the email addresses to send to.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, ravenstar68. I'm happy to test it

Yes, happy to have a go, Tim

Dodie

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've had mails from both of you and @Graham_A 

Mails from all three ended up in my Spam folder.

First thoughts were issues with mail authentication, HOWEVER all mails pass on DKIM, SPF and DMARC, so it's not that.

I need to take a closer look.  All the mails arrived in my personal email address without any issue.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@ravenstar68 I wouldnt mind a test. I to am blueyonder going to yahoo spam!

Thank you for looking into this, Tim

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ModTeam 

Can I point out that if you do start to have a significant users whose mail is instantly going to Spam - It might be worth having your email team reach out to Yahoo to see if there is anything they can do.

All email providers have a Postmaster address.  In addition some have postmaster tools.  These are used for the postmasters belonging to one domain to raise issues with the postmasters belongng to another.

As an example - When I set up my mail server, The Server was being blocked from sending Mails to Outlook.com addreses.  I contacted the postmaster team at Microsoft in order to get the block lifted.

Similarly Yahoo have a page that your postmasters can use in order to contact them.

https://postmaster.yahooinc.com/

This also deals with delivery issues to AOL email addresses as well.

I must stress that this portal is NOT FOR END USERS.  It is there for Email administrators of domains having issues sending.

I'm more than happy to provide the source code of mails from these affected users if you'd like.

Tim

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mikes2400 @Dodiegale1 @Graham_A 

Do you want to try sending me a mail now?  I've marked the previous mails as not spam

Tim

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Graham_A 

Your second mail from your blueyonder address reached my Yahoo inbox.  So if Yahoo recipients mark a mail as not spam, subsequent mail WILL go to the inbox.

However, I do think VM need to liaise with Yahoo here.  Certainly mail from your viginmedia.com address went straight to spam.

Tim

Edit I did check VM's mail server address http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check-results/?host=212.54.57.96

It's not in any of the blacklists on that link.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ravenstar68  Thanks Tim, I feel a campaign coming on!  I hope we can get VM engaged and the header info you are collecting should help diagnosis

We may need to take this up in the VIP forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs