cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email searches

happyh1
Joining in

I need to know how to search through all my e mails for a missing document. If I know the folder its in, it's fine. However if I don't know its impossible.  How can I do this.
John H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you looking at your emails using a web browser?   If so you'd be better off using a proper email app like Thunderbird that allows searches for email names and content.  It will also allow you to save copies of documents off line.  It's risky to leave important files only on an online server, particularly one tied to a single ISP like Virgin

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you looking at your emails using a web browser?   If so you'd be better off using a proper email app like Thunderbird that allows searches for email names and content.  It will also allow you to save copies of documents off line.  It's risky to leave important files only on an online server, particularly one tied to a single ISP like Virgin

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @happyh1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble navigating around your emails. Have you managed to find what you're looking for since your post? I can also see that @jpeg1 has offered a suggestion.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Dear Zac

No , I haven't sorted it out. Should be easy. Have you any ideas to sort out my problem.

John

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you have noted in your initial post webmail cannot search across folder. Do consider following @jpeg1 good advice and use an email client to locate the attachment; it is likely your device’s default email client can provide the basic search functionality sought. 

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @happyh1

Have you been able to resolve your issues with the advice from @用心棒?

Regards,

Steven_L