Menu
FISHINGVOID
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

email android error

ive been using bluemail on adroid for over a year now but my virgin account part wont send emails tried the settings all seems ok. i then tried uninstalling bluemail and reinstalling but when try to add virgin account outgoing server settings fail.

it is a ntlworld account

tried to find live chat on virgin but no bloody idea sends me in a loop 

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: email android error

Ensure the account is using the virginmedia.com servers & not NTLworld.
imap.virginmedia.com
Port: 993
smtp.virginmedia.com
Port: 465

0 Kudos
FISHINGVOID
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Went to a friends house used there wifi and messages sent then at there house used my data and messages sent now home tried sending with mobile daya messages wont send. Now Changed settings from ntlworld to virginmedia and they still wont send 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Possible explanation is that your home external IP address has been listed in the Spamhause CBL list as a result of a device on your home network sending spam.

Edited to add: if this is affecting you on both home WiFi and mobile data then it may be a different issue, 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
FISHINGVOID
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Havent got home wifi just mobile data which will recieve emails but not send i have 2 gmail accounts that work

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you haven’t got home WiFi then are you just a virgin mobile customer?

Are you currently a VM customer? You need to be a virgin media subscriber in order to have an active email account. 
If not then this is most likely why the account is not working. 

FISHINGVOID
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I havent been a virgin customer for over six months but if thats the case how can i still send and recieve over wifi at a friends and why suddenly stop working at home a email account is just that dont need to be a customer

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Under the terms and conditions it states that "6. Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person.  If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you.  Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us."

Which can be found https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@FISHINGVOID wrote:

I havent been a virgin customer for over six months but if thats the case how can i still send and recieve over wifi at a friends and why suddenly stop working at home a email account is just that dont need to be a customer

Yes, you do.

From VM's Acceptable Use Policy: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy

Email use

6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account. Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
FISHINGVOID
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If i reter my phone to my laptop and use virgin email site everythings works

0 Kudos