cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting very old email address

ernie2009
Dialled in

hi everyone, over the past 2 hours ive spent 1 hour of it trying to get my old blueyonder email removed from my account as been hacked twice in past 6 months and now getting blackmail threats to this email after an hour on the phone i was told this old email would be removed and couldnt use it again. after an hour its still live so how long should i wait untill old email is deleted ?. 

48 REPLIES 48

hi @david_bn    i was told a ticket was put in to delete my old email but on just checking its still live 👍

Hi ernie2009

IT's timescales are 5 working days.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

many thanks for letting me know john_gs 😀

Hi ernie2009, 

No problem at all. Once the IT Ticket has been worked and resolved, @Travis_M will get a notification to say this. 

He will then be able to pop you a message to let you know and confirm things. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi kath_f    thats amazing news and cant thank you all enough.😃

No problem at all  @ernie2009, I will pass this on to Kath :).

We will get back to you as soon as we hear back from IT.

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lets hope thats soon as said email is still live 🤔

I'm sure the team will work to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

^Martin

many thanks @martin_n    i really would have thought this would of been done by now after all the effort on the 27th december 11 calls to virgin media then help from travis who put a ticket in a week ago but on just checking the said email is still live. now i can understand over the xmas and new yr period staff was short but surely after travis got involved this should of been sorted as the request to close this email was because the email had been compromised and hacked twiced then i was getting threatening emails containing old password so know my email had been hacked. surely this is good enough reason to get this dealth with in very quick time. the first call i made on the 27th decmber was for 47minutes in lenth where i was assured this email would be closed down asap but here we are 3 wks later and nothing has been done. threatening and blackmailing emails should be enough reason for this to be sorted by now especially after 11 calls on the 27th december plus many many emails since then. i apreciate what travis has done by sending in the ticket so lets really hope this is sorted soon.

Hi @ernie2009,

I appreciate and understand this is very inconvenient and irritating, and I do apologise. I assure you that once my colleague receives an update that they'll be in touch.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!