I have tried this manually as well with no luck

cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant access this account

One explanation is that you have  been hacked and the hacker has changed key data. So your answers are now wrong.

Another is that virgin have somehow corrupted the data on their server.

In either case you will need virgin to work with you by phone or letter to reset. Into

What is the most damage that a hacker can do with your email.?It may be hard without having email access but can you change credentials on all finance sites,, papal, ebay... Better safe than sorry and virgin may be slow to escalate to someone smart enough to fix it.

In most cases you should be able to phone and say I think my email has been hacked, please help protect my account.

Then use 2FA for security with a new account Get yourself a free Gmail account that you can ask those sites to switch to.

Longer term, if this gets you off of virgin mail and into something independent of ISP and more reliable, it may be a blessing in disguise

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thanks for that

Is customer services open on Sunday

cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@gallorgs wrote:

Hi 

Thanks for that

Is customer services open on Sunday

cheers

Sort of. You will probably get some dumb offshore script reading  person with no skills or authority. Better to call in office hours on monday

Use sunday to call banks, eBay, papal... Wherever you may be at risk. And to make a new Gmail account, that only takes a couple of minutes. Link it to your mobile phone number for security. If you are not a Google fan, go with an outlook.com mail which should play nicely with your outlook client.

I have one of each, actually. Spreads the risk.

0 Kudos