cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant access old ntlworldemail

markym1234
Tuning in

Hello.

Can anyone help me with info on how or if its possible to be able to access an old ntl world email address that I have not used for over 10 years?

I no longer have a virgin account and they are saying that I cant get access to an old email even though I never actually deleted the email address I just stopped using it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes That is what I am suspecting... Its strange though as I used the email address for a few years before I changed to the new email address, so if it was, or should of been auto deleted then how was I using it I wonder?  But it was so long ago I am probably out with the timings of it all. 

Thank you for replying

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

markym1234
Tuning in

rry, i hit send before I had finished. To continue:- I need to access the email to retrieve an email sent there in order to do a password reset. The company it applies to will not update  my new email address and tell me that I need to input my old email address to get a password hint or reset. Trouble is.. the hint/reset email goes to the old email they have on their system.. I think they are being very awkward in order to stop me accessing the information.

Thanks for any info that can be offered.

jem101
Superstar

@markym1234 wrote:

Hello.

Can anyone help me with info on how or if its possible to be able to access an old ntl world email address that I have not used for over 10 years?

I no longer have a virgin account and they are saying that I cant get access to an old email even though I never actually deleted the email address I just stopped using it

It should have been automatically deleted some 90 days after you stopped being a VM broadband customer - now this isn't always done in a timely manner, but I would have thought after over ten years, it must have been cleaned up and deleted by now.

Yes That is what I am suspecting... Its strange though as I used the email address for a few years before I changed to the new email address, so if it was, or should of been auto deleted then how was I using it I wonder?  But it was so long ago I am probably out with the timings of it all. 

Thank you for replying

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @markym1234, and a very warm welcome to you.

Sadly I'd have to confirm the information from @jem101 is correct and therefore we would not be able to assist with this request.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi 

Yes thank you, I suspected that was the case, but now I have the clarification I can forget about it and move on.

Thank you. 

Hi markym1234, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. 

If you try sending a test email to the address, if an undeliverable message comes back then this would confirm the email address has been deleted and we would no longer be able to retrieve this. 

If however the email sends successfully, it may just be in the pre-deleted stage. In which case there is a chance we would be able to get control of this address again. It would only be a one time thing, if it even works, but I would like to try and help. 

I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Zog1966
Joining in

Hi Kath_F, I find myself in a similar situation as markym1234. I've sent a test message and haven't received an undeliverable mail message in return, so I'm hoping you will be able to assist me in gaining access to the account?? Many thanks in advance

Hey Zog1966,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L