Menu
MDL2387
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Webmail problem accessing my other ntlworld email accounts

Hello All

I'm having the exact same trouble-namely, my other accounts "don't work". This "just happened" a few days ago-it was all working just fine, then it wasn't-and I'm absolutely sure I didn't change anything(why would I?!)...anyway, with a bit of digging on here I found Graham's excellent advice about account settings(thank you Graham!), and very daringly I altered the "imap" part, because that was(as far as I could see) the only bit that was potentially incorrect/out of date. And amazingly it worked! Everything back, other accounts "accessible", messages on view, the whole lot. Now 24 hours later, I'm back to square one with the same message that Rogman is getting about "authentication information" not working/accepted, although previously it DID work!. It also tells me to "Please change them", but what am I meant to change them to, if they worked yesterday?!

Any suggestions/advice gratefully received!

Kindest regards

Michael

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail problem accessing my other ntlworld email accounts

I have asked the VM Forum Team to refer these issues to their support team for investigation.

Look out for updates on this forum area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail problem accessing my other ntlworld email accounts

Hi MDL2387,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're having ongoing issues trying to access your other ntlworld email accounts.

Great to hear that our valued member @Graham_A has given some amazing advice with the email settings and how to change these already. 

Apologies that this solution has not resolved the issue and it has now come back 24 hours later. We will get this flagged with the relevant team for you.

I have located the link that @Graham_A has given you the advice on and I will get this sent off to see if there is anymore help we can offer to find a resolution to this issue.

It may be a short while before we respond, so we appreciate your patience.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos