Menu
Highlighted
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Webmail 403 / Mailbox Unavailable errors

Hi all, 

We're aware of two issues currently affecting Webmail.

The Error 403: Forbidden problem is currently being investigated on F008135072. Our team are currently working on implementing a fix for this issue. Bear with us and we'll let you know once it's sorted.

If you're experiencing a 'mailbox unavailable' error when logging in, we can clear this by updating the mailbox on our systems. Please create a new post and a member of staff will be in touch within 24 hours to help further. Please don't post your email address in the initial post, we'll ask you for this via private message when we reach out.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Community Moderators

On our wavelength
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail 403 / Mailbox Unavailable errors

G-Brooks_0-1592484066342.pngSorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Will someone please advise if this has been 'owned' by virgin media??
I cannot access emails at all, via web mail or any client.

Virgin.net account

Virgin media accounts recently created seem ok. I CANNOT be left without access to these emails! Not without notice!!
Truly appalling. The sooner I leave virgin the better. They are utterly useless.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi - yes, I am experiencing the mailbox unavailable problem. 

I am an existing Virgin media customer, using a blueyonder login. I have reset my password, but I am still experiencing issues logging into webmail, and my Outlook connecting to the POP3 server. I can login to my account ok - so the account and password are working as they should.

Webmail error message below ...error messageerror message

"Your "mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111from any other phone and select option 2.For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visitvirginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

Can you assist?

Regards

Graeme

Tags (2)
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Yes exactly the same.

Changing passwords does nothing. Despite what they appear to be saying in all the messages.

You just would not accept this level of service from anyone given the choice. No call from them, no email to say we have a problem, NOTHING!!

Take your money and hope you keep your mouth shut. Well that's enough for me. I'm sick of their arrogance, incompetence, and disdain for the paying customer.

Sorry I can't help, but maybe volume of complaints (where do you complain to, there's no email address and phone support is painful!!) will achieve at least a response???

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi we have been experiencing this problem for 2 days and are unable to login to webmail or email client. Web mail shows “forbidden error“.

we have called the help desk but have been unable to get this problem resolved.

thanks

Julie

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Well that's hopeful then!

You've managed to speak to them but they are no help. Brilliant. 

I'me getting a different error message but no access regardless.

Small comfort to know I'm not alone I suppose, but it really does make me want to leave virgin. Why should they have our money and not give the service we pay for?? 

Aside: Notice how even in this 'forum' which is how they expect us to solve our own problems, nobody from VM seems to be piping up!! I bet it wouldn't take them long to get in touch if I stop the direct debit. Maybe all those with issues should do that. Class action, watch their revenue crash, then maybe they would listen.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@G-Brooks wrote:

Well that's hopeful then!

You've managed to speak to them but they are no help. Brilliant. 

I'me getting a different error message but no access regardless.

Small comfort to know I'm not alone I suppose, but it really does make me want to leave virgin. Why should they have our money and not give the service we pay for?? 

Aside: Notice how even in this 'forum' which is how they expect us to solve our own problems, nobody from VM seems to be piping up!! I bet it wouldn't take them long to get in touch if I stop the direct debit. Maybe all those with issues should do that. Class action, watch their revenue crash, then maybe they would listen.

Sorry, but who do you think employs the Community Moderators who started this thread to inform customers that Virgin Media are aware of the current issues, and requested details and screen shots to be posted here to aid their investigations.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

A bit of a dig seems to get a quicker response than numerous customers without a service that we pay for.

Doesn't change my opinion. Tech support is seriously lacking. So they are aware of the problem, but a forum is where we have to go to find that out?? I've not had a letter, or phone call, or email (chance would be a fine thing, although VM do have my gmail address) to TELL me there is an issue. Why is the phone support so appalling? Why not spend some money on supporting the customers in a way that doesn't fill one with dread when a problem occurs?

Excuses and waffle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I have the same screen shot message.  I posted in the forum yesterday.  I have had a response from Melissa but still await a resolution to this issue.

Screenshot.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos