cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web mail access

bazz96
On our wavelength

How can I access my secondary email accounts on webmail if I go through my virginmedia it only gives me my primary email and I need to access all my email accounts and as the iOS client based mail has also stopped letting me access  and send mails I am stuck please can someone help

10 REPLIES 10

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are the secondary emails listed under your profile in MyVirginMedia?   If not, they are in danger of being lost, and you should call customer support for help.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

bazz96
On our wavelength

Yes they are there and I can access them but in order to get to the webmail I have  to change my virginmedia login  details which is a pain as all my account settings are on on my main email log in it just seems very strange most webmail accounts you go to the webpage enter your email and password and your in this is much simpler and straight forward to use.  This all started when I tried to access my landline phone bill via my virgin media said don’t recognise password which was strange as I save passwords on my iPhone so I changed it this affected my emails on iPhone iPad so have changed the client passwords but since then can receive mail but can’t send so I thought I know I’ll use web mail till I can sort it out but it’s not an easy thing to do so come on virginmedia make things easier for your customers who pay a lot of money to you please sort it

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be able to log into the secondary accounts via webmail using the email address and password for the address concerned.

You will need to sign out of your primary account first. Alternatively use a private browsing/incognito window or a different browser.

The URL to use is https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bazz96
On our wavelength

Hi thanks I have tried but it always wants mRNA to go via my virginmedia and Change the email on there it’s all so complicated especially via iPad I will try another browser to see if that helps thanks for your suggestion 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sorry but don't know what mRNA means in this context.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

bazz96
On our wavelength

I have tried a new browser and incognito still wants me to go in via my virgin media and that is my primary email to get the secondary one it means changing all the details  to very convenient I have taken a screen shot but this is not very user friendly 

072506DC-48F6-49C8-A74E-FE9338F5ED3E.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The wording on the screen shot can be confusing. Each secondary account has its own My Virgin Media details.  From that screen simply enter the secondary email address and associated password.

bazz96
On our wavelength

Sorry tried that it doesn’t recognise it it wants you to reset your account for my virgin media it is not very helpful 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bazz96 wrote:

Sorry tried that it doesn’t recognise it it wants you to reset your account for my virgin media it is not very helpful 

If you haven't previously accessed that secondary account via webmail the request that you are getting relates to the secondary account only, not your primary My virgin Media account.  Any changes made to the contact email address or security answers etc will only apply to the secondary account.