cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin telly tablet

clivedela
Joining in

Hi can anyone  help ,I have a telly tablet which I sold on eBay but was returned to me by the buyer without deleting his user account email. Unfortunately he wont give me this information therefore the tablet will not let me log in saying enter the current user email. I've tried rebooting but to no avail,

Is this tablet now useless without the previous user's details?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Sololobo
Superstar

Try performing a Factory Reset on the tablet: 
https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com/customer/device/Virgin/TellyTablet/scenario/perform-a-factory-...

NB: This action will/should clear all data from the device.

Alternatively, try to remove the unwanted email address:
https://devicesupport.virginmedia.com/customer/device/Virgin/TellyTablet/search/remove%20email%20acc...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately I have done what you have suggested and I keep getting the same message that the previous user's email is required.

It is very frustrating that it's my tablet but as the previous user couldn't be bothered to delete his information,  I'm will  have to try and sort it out myself which is proving difficult. I really need to contact someone that can wipe the tablet completely, do you know anyone?

Thanks anyway

You could try contacting the Telly Tablet team directly:
From this thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/VirginMedia-distributing-viruses/td-p/4681302/... post #27

I would advise getting in touch with our Telly Tab team directly. You can either email them at virginsupport@exertis.co.uk or call them on 01282 858460.

Be aware that the VM Telly Tablet is considered to be "an end-of-life product, which means we won’t continue to provide support in future, and there will be no further software updates." Source: same thread as noted above, post #186 dated 18/05/2021.

This being the case you may find a distinct lack of assistance from either VM, and indeed exertis.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Hi @clivedela,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues accessing and using your TellyTablet. Have you tried performing a factory reset of the TellyTablet yet? You can find instructions on how to do this here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Sigh...

The link to instructions on how to perform a Factory Reset was already provided in post #2, as was a link on how to remove an email address. A quick read of the thread (it doesn't take long) also indicates that the OP tried this and it was unsuccessful.

How duplicating information already provided assists in the resolution of the OP's problem is not clear, I expected VM to be a bit more helpful than that.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.