Menu
trimom
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin suddenly wrongly blocking emails as spam from various contacts

Virgin email  is suddenly wrongly blocking emails as spam from senders who have been contacting me for years 

Happening  on all virgin emails on my account. The emails don’t even have to have a URL, attachment or link to Dropbox.  Any help appreciated.

The forum bot has amended the url pasted from the error message 

TIA 

host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.56.11]
   SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
   554 5.2.0 MXIN602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=ouTzlVwmzJqymouTzlmyRm;sid=ouTzlVwmzJqym;mta=mx1.tb;dt=2021-06-03T23:02:28+02:00;ipsrc=185.199.220.98;

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin suddenly wrongly blocking emails as spam from various contacts

@trimom wrote:

554 5.2.0 MXIN602 Message contains Spam Content

This may need one of the Forum team (VM employees who support this forum) to get VM's security team to check out.

However, the fact that a number of different contacts are reporting their emails to you being rejected as spam makes me think  there is one thing you can check out yourself before the Forum Team get involved.

Sign into your VM Webmail account from here; https://mail.virginmedia.com and follow steps 1 to 4 below

spam settings.png

Make sure the spam setting is NOT set to "Reject all spam messages". As it says, that setting means that any incoming message VM identify (rightly or wrongly) as spam will be rejected straight back to the sender. Change it to the default "Move message to spam folder" and mark future emails from those contacts as "Not spam".

If it is already set to the default "Move message to spam folder" then at least we have eliminated one possible cause for those rejections.

I must admit that the fact you have intimated that this is happening on a number of different VM accounts does suggest something else is going on but perhaps all your VM accounts have the same spam setting so still worth checking.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @trimon,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Have you managed to check your spam setting as advised by @coenoby ?

Let us know how you get on and if you still have issues we can take a closer look into that.

Cheers 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
trimom
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have changed the spam settings so hopefully no more issues!

thank you all 😁

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's brilliant @trimom

Enjoy your weekend 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos