cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin server marked as Spam by Spam Cop

shoshana
Joining in

Two of my emails bounced today to two different servers, one at zetnet.co.uk and one at nottinghamliberalsynagogue.com, both saying that

has been flagged for abuse.  Bizarrely I have emailed another person at the same server in each case, where this report has not come up.

(My emails also always go to junk when sent to Yahoo addresses, even after the addressee marks them as Not Junk)

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@shoshana wrote:

Two of my emails bounced today to two different servers,........... both saying that

has been flagged for abuse

That IP is one of the servers used to send VM email from their webmail service. VM have an array of outbound servers and so when you sent the other emails they may well have gone via a different server and IP address which was not flagged as a sender of spam.

Does that error message go on to specify which of the many backlists / blocklists had flagged that IP address?

Edited to add- apologies you did say that it was Spam Cop,

I have just checked 212.54.57.96 against a couple of RBL checkers http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check-results and https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists .

At the moment, neither of them show it as being flagged on any of the Blocklists that they check against. That could mean that VM have already taken steps to get that server de-listed. Note that Spam Cop appears in both those checkers so it does seem the IP has been de-listed.

Are you still seeing the problem? If so one of the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will raise this with the relevant IT security team.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Coenoby, looks like it's OK, sent emails this morning without any bounces...

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@shoshana wrote:

looks like it's OK, sent emails this morning without any bounces...

That's good news, thanks for that update.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks