cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net account info

Anonymous
Not applicable

iven the number of posts on this forum where people have had “virgin.net” emails accounts locked, is it not time for the issue to be addressed at a macro level rather than expect people to seek a solution on an individual level. The similarity within the posts indicated that many were unaware that their functioning email account was to be disabled, and without any period of notification. To explain that this was made explicit in the “terms and conditions” is to the draw on the strategy used by many businesses to evade accountability by holding the customer at fault. Many have explained the implications of suddenly losing access to a regularly used email account. Given the current unprecedented circumstances, which have fostered an increased dependence on digital communication technology, why was the impact, at an individual level, of culling of these email accounts not given consideration? In trying to reinstate my “.net” account I have encountered a further issue. I would advise anyone setting up a new email account to make a secure record of the two security questions that are required in case the password is forgotten. What is not accentuated is that the exact responses given might be, in the future, required in order to validate one’s identity. Unfortunately in is not possible to view your responses within your account at some future date. I would welcome advice about how to proceed if one gains temporary access to an email account.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your virgin.net email address. 

We completely understand the frustration that this has caused & we are working on a resolution for this. 

In the meantime, I hope that we can get your specific issues resolved. 

Please could you confirm if you are a current virgin media customer?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nelm44, thanks for getting in touch.

As I have been trying to help another user with this and asked you to post here - I will contact you via PM so we can assist further. Just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom