cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net account, can log into Virgin Media but email is showing as unavailable

Catbeed64
Tuning in

I can log into my Virgin Media account but when I click on email it says 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment'

Will this be resolved? 

Many thanks for any help that can be provided 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Catbeed64 wrote:

I can log into my Virgin Media account but when I click on email it says 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment'

Will this be resolved? 

Many thanks for any help that can be provided 

Have you followed the steps set out in the message re changing the password for the email address concerned and waiting 60 minutes for your mailbox to be unlocked?

The password change process is as follows:

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks Graham_A I changed my password left it alone for an hour and I was then able to get back in.

The message given didn't indicate that the email address was locked.  So without your information I wouldn't have known that it was an issue.

Cat 

Thank you but, yes, I have done all that under the guidance of customer service, but to no avail. It still says the same thing that I cannot have that password, even though, the password meets all their criteria and is strong and even with random letters and numbers. It’s my belief there is a technical error on the page and a ticket has now been raised to investigate it, at long last.