cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net - Process for account Deletion / Hacked

J1970
Tuning in

Hello,

I left Virgin Media in 2015, and also ceased to use a Virgin.net email account At the time I recall a message from Virgin that the e-mail accounts were not going to be usable after a certain date.

I set up a forwarding rule from my old Virgin.net email address to my new e-mail account.

In March 2023 I have started to receive hotel booking confirmation e-mails (from a well know travel website) forwarded from my long time disused / but still open Virgin.net account, that I have not made.

I can no longer access the Virgin.net email account.

Please could you advise on the process by which Virgin Media can suspend / delete my old Virgin.net e-mail account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @J1970 

Thanks for sending me a message with the details. I have raised it to IT for you to delete the email address.

If there is anything further I can assist with, please let me know.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @J1970 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I will send you a PM now to raise this to IT for the email to be deleted.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @J1970 

Thanks for sending me a message with the details. I have raised it to IT for you to delete the email address.

If there is anything further I can assist with, please let me know.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Many thanks John.

I understand that there is a website that I can go to check that this orphan email address has been deleted, but will IT provide any confirmation?

J1970

IT have confirmed it's deleted 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Many thanks for confirming this. Your help is much appreciated.