Menu
Chris003
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media email stopped working

Hi

I’ve had a virginmedia.com email address for ages and this morning it has suddenly stopped working. There was no notice of the email stopping but the password I know is correct doesn’t work. Is there something I can do to retrieve this account as I need access to it as I use it a lot!! 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media email stopped working

are you still a virgin media broadband customer?
0 Kudos
Chris003
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Long story short; yes but not the same account.

long story; joined virgin media c.2010 and set up 2 virginmedia.com emails for me and my partner. These have worked since then even after leafing virgin in October 2019.

I left virgin media for 18 months but signed up again in February. Again both emails still working. 

Last night my partners email stopped working and mine is still fine.

I’d like both to transfer to my new account which I signed up to with an outlook email.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

they should have been deleted 90 days after you left.
If they are still active, Both current and old accounts where in the same name and you can still pass secueity on them then VM should be able to do a move and transfer.

if the accounts have been deleted or security can;t be passed vm won't be able to move them.

Moving them will wipe any amisl you have on the new account as well.
0 Kudos
Chris003
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. A bit trickier than that, the 18 months we held another account was in my partners name, so one of us has held an account throughout. We have moved twice since signing up to add to the problem!

can someone from VM assist to have these moved to my new account? All my banking is associated with this email.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

vm will reply in about a week.
Its been said before that both accounts need to be int he same name so you'll have to see what they say
0 Kudos
Chris003
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. It seems a bit odd that one is ok and the other not whilst being set up at the same time. I appreciate your comments. 

on an aside, looking at other recent email topics, it seems there is issues affecting a large number of email users that suddenly happened overnite, mostly older domain names such as ntlworld and virginmedia accounts. Perhaps this ties in with the problems they are also discussing?! I hope so as I’m starting to overly worry and didn’t realise things could just be disconnected 😞

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

best have a read of hte T&C as the use of the email has always been it must be connected to a live account. Its always been in the T&C. your lucky it was not deleted 90 days after you first lef.

you are always better off moving to a non-ISP email like gmail.
If you have wanted/have to leave VM you will lose the email account
0 Kudos
Chris003
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ... I’m hoping they will allow access if not just to redirect emails and see who I need to change my details with. 

0 Kudos
Chris003
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment

I’m in the same situation! Please allow access to those accounts recently locked so we can redirect and arrange alternative email addresses!

0 Kudos