Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.Net email

jallan4
Joining in

Posting on behalf of my Father. 

Good afternoon, 

My father has had a virgin.net email for well over 20 years now and had no issues with it. Recently he had to log into it on a web browser but forgot his password so proceeded to reset it. Then when trying to login to his email it wouldn’t let him so he tried to reset the password again but when doing so it came up with a message saying he couldn’t use that password although he followed the requirements for a password.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@jallan4 wrote:

Good afternoon, 

My father has had a virgin.net email for well over 20 years now and had no issues with it. Recently he had to log into it on a web browser but forgot his password so proceeded to reset it. Then when trying to login to his email it wouldn’t let him so he tried to reset the password again but when doing so it came up with a message saying he couldn’t use that password although he followed the requirements for a password.

Thanks 

The most important question here is this, is your father a current VM broadband customer? If not, then, I’m afraid there is a good chance that the email address and mailbox has been deleted as per VM’s terms and conditions. If he is a customer then there is a known problem with password changes sometimes being reported as not working and not acceptable, where actually it has worked properly in the background.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

@jallan4 wrote:

Good afternoon, 

Thanks 

The most important question here is this, is your father a current VM broadband customer? If not, then, I’m afraid there is a good chance that the email address and mailbox has been deleted as per VM’s terms and conditions. If he is a customer then there is a known problem with password changes sometimes being reported as not working and not acceptable, where actually it has worked properly in the background.

He isn’t a VM broadband customer but does have a VM sim card that he pays for monthly. Is there any way he could link the email to his sim card account? 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The following message maybe indicating the password has previously been used:
2023-03-06.jpeg
Try a password that you have not previously used with the email account.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jallan4 wrote:

He isn’t a VM broadband customer but does have a VM sim card that he pays for monthly. Is there any way he could link the email to his sim card account? 

Regrettably no; email account must be linked to an active broadband account.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jallan4 👋,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums.

I am sorry to hear about the issues your Dad has been having with his email, as @用心棒 has advised, if there is no active account it will be removed. as you can see here in our terms and conditions. Do you know if it is still active at all? If so we can make sure it gets deleted for him?

Zoie