Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media e-mail address 'not recognised', but clearly working

CalBFK21
Joining in

Hello,

Hoping someone has an idea on this one.

I don't know when this problem started as I don't sign into Webmail or my VM account often at all these days, but recently when trying to sign into Webmail or my VM account I am told that my details are incorrect (they aren't - as they work fine on my Android phone and Outlook client on my home PC to send and receive mail and I can set up e-mail on a different device using my current e-mail address and password).

If I try to reset my password I get an error message telling my my e-mail address is not valid (see screenshot below).  This cannot be correct as a) my e-mail still works and b) I had to use it to verify my identity to use these forums.

I spoke to 'support' who tell me that I am not registered and that I need to register my account.  This seems nonsensical as I have been a customer of VM for nearly 10 years without a problem and have used the online services for Webmail and My Account many times in the past.

Can anyone tell my why I no longer seem to exist - PS, VM are still happy to bill me nearly £100 a month and send the info to my VM e-mail address.

VM error.png

10 REPLIES 10

CalBFK21
Joining in

I have exactly the same problem.  Cannot access my online account or sign into webmail but the log on details are correct as my e-mail works fine on Android and Outlook.

If anyone can help me regain access to my account I would be greatful.

Hi @CalBFK21,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear to hear you are having a similar issue with your My VM log in. We can understand this is not ideal and want to help. I have been able to access you account using forum details. Just to confirm, how long has this issue been ongoing? Have you had any changes to your account or package during this time?

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

I first noticed the problem back in April this year, but haven't really needed to resolve the issue until now. 
My e-mail account is still working on my Android and Outlook so it wasn't a problem, but now I need to access my account online and this is why I am now trying to resolve this problem.

I have had no changes to my package or account for over a year.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us CalBFK21,

So I can take a closer look at this I'll need a few more details from you.

I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hey CalBFK22,

This sounds exactly the same as the issue I’m having. Couldn’t get any sensible response from customer services so now getting some support through the forum.

Good luck

I'm being told that I've never registered my account.

The fact that I changed it from an old ntlworld one to a virgin media one doesn't seem to matter.

I've now been told to register my account and when i try I'm told that my username (my email address) is unavailable.

Absolutely useless. Support following a script rather than listening to a customers problem. 

Agreed - I’ve also raised a complaint regarding this and they’re still saying it’s to do with my hub and poor broadband, and to call customer services to resolve…. They really haven’t got a clue 

Looks like I’m having the same problems as previously - password not recognised and unable to reset password… can anyone help??

Good luck

Mine has been like it most of this year with no resolution in sight