Menu
f1roborbob
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN WEB MAIL Spurious email addresses keep appearing

Problem when composing a new email.  If the first letter I type in the "To" column matches any old email address that has been sent to me, that email address appears as a suggestion (this appears to include even email addresses I have blocked),  

These are NOT email addresses from my Contacts list.  How can I delete them and stop them appearing as a suggestion?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
f1roborbob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN WEB MAIL Spurious email addresses keep appearing

Solved it myself.  Under "Addresses" there are "Contacts" and another heading called "Collected Addresses"  These appear to be all the addresses that I have used or have been sent to me that I haven't put into contacts.  All the spurious addresses that I refer to above are listed here.  You can highlight and delete them.as required

Thank you, er, me!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The default settings in VM webmail automatically add all email addresses from incoming and sent email to sub folders of the Contacts list under Collected addresses.

You can turn this off via the settings.

@f1roborbob 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
f1roborbob
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham, I like your insight!
0 Kudos