Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 91 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot send blueyonder emails

Should I be able to set up the VM address in Outlook?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 92 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It is not an issue:

Guidance here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 93 of 114
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

It is her blueyonder address that appears to have gone completely.  The VM address is a different one that the op doesn't use regularly.

Sorry about that - I did not notice the distinction and jumped the gun.  It is too late to edit, so my faux pas will have to stand out like a sore thumb.  Thank you for the correction Graham.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 94 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Won't let log on. Says failed. IMAP rejected log on but I guess it would as I don't have  apassword set up to log on to my VM media adddress as webmail logs me into that address via my blueyonder email. You couldn't make this stuff up!

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 95 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Still no dead lock letter from Virgin Media. I managed to access my blueyonder email last week but now it has stoped working again and says: The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 96 of 114
Flag for a moderator

@NickyBB I've raised this to the Forum Team lead @Kev_B as I feel that you've been let down by both phone support and the Forum Team here.

However I am going to ask that you please stop spamming other people's threads.  In many cases they are getting mailbox unavailable when trying to log in to webmail whereas your issue is with email clients and the face that logging in to webmail with a virginmedia.com email address currently gives you access to the blueyonder email address.

As stated elsewhere I am flabbergasted that the Forum Team and IT have not got to the root of your particular issue, but spamming other people's threads does little to help them or you.

Please keep all of your posts on this matter to this thread here.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 97 of 114
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry Tim but my frustration has boiled over.  Other peoples issues seem much like mine. We have all been waiting weeks for Blueyonder to be sorted and keep getting fobbed off. People are asking if they are alone and they are not. I won't write on any more thread as it's not getting my problem resolved so this forum is of very little use. Even esculation hasn't help 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 98 of 114
Flag for a moderator

I am going to be engaging directly with Kev_B on this and asking him if he can tak a more direct involvement in getting your case looked at properly.  As far as I'm concerned the first step would have been to identify 

1. The two addresses involved in your webmail sign in issue.
  2. How the virginmedia.com became the username for the blueyonder account?

I would then have worked to restore the blueyonder.co.uk email address to be the correct sign on for that particular account and if it was an orphan account arrange a move and transfer to get the blueyonder account associated with your current broadband account.

I'm not a Virgin Media employee but these are logical steps that should have been taken with either IT and/or the email team IMHO

I understand you are frustrated, and to be frank so am I.

@ModTeam 

I've had enough here myself.  I want assurances that:

1. This users issue is not going to be left to fester any longer.
2. That your front line phone support teams are going to be properly briefed and also informed that fobbing off customers with "It'll be fixed in 24 hours."  Is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The current issues show every sign of being allowed to drag on like the stupid default email settings issue did back in 2016.  I'm not prepared to let it drag on anywhere near that long.  Virgin Media MUST ACT NOW.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 99 of 114
Flag for a moderator

I've had a letter today from VM.

"We have liaised with our second line faults team who advise that your old email is no longer supported." Anyone know what this means?

"This is accross the board for all customers with this email" Eh? Isn't my email just mine?

"They have confirmed that you would be unable to access this as we now use VM email"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 100 of 114
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't make sense to me.  They certainly haven't disabled all blueyonder email addresses as mine still works fine both via client email and VM webmail.

What might make sense is that since you changed the username for your blueyonder address the blueyonder mailbox has somehow been closed down.

@ModTeam Any comments?

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos