Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to receive or send emails for blueyonder

I have not been able to receive or send mails since 26/09/2019 for my blueyonder a/c. When I access my mailbox on I phone/I pad I get Account Error: blueyonder.co.uk

cannot get mail the mail server 

imap.blueyonder.co.uk is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in nail settings. 
all was working perfectly ok prior to 26/09 and no settings have been changed. I am still able to get mails via the virgin website .

can anyone help with an easy explanation please 😊

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to receive or send emails for blueyonder

@fordm wrote:

I have not been able to receive or send mails since 26/09/2019 for my blueyonder a/c. When I access my mailbox on I phone/I pad I get Account Error: blueyonder.co.uk

cannot get mail the mail server 

imap.blueyonder.co.uk is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in nail settings. 
all was working perfectly ok prior to 26/09 and no settings have been changed. I am still able to get mails via the virgin website .

can anyone help with an easy explanation please 😊

That is your problem.  You need to put in the updated VM recommended settings - they work for all the legacy domains.  Also read through the second link, as doing it on an apple device is sometimes problematic.  Let us know if you need help.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to receive or send emails for blueyonder

Thank you all sorted now 👍👍