Menu
JustinMB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to login to ntlworld email account

Out of nowhere I'm now unable to access my main emails which are under an old ntlworld address I have always used. I just get the 'we did not recognise the username or password' message.

Desperate to get access to some urgent emails I need to reply too.

Many thanks.

Justin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to login to ntlworld email account

When you refer to it as an old Ntlworld address do you mean that it isn't part of your current VM broadband account, assuming that you have one?

If so then it will be an orphaned account and subject to deletion at any time.  See the thread about orphaned accounts.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JustinMB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the speedy reply Graham, really appreciated. That's madness don't think I've ever received an email or communication about this other than to tell me they were upgrading the appsuite a few years back.

If this helps anyone else I've managed to trial a mail service called mailbird with my old ntlworld login details and its syncing everything from the inaccessible account now.

Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @JustinMB

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post - sorry that you had some issues getting access to your emails; glad that you have located a work around since your posts.

I did attempt to locate your account from your Forum information but I have been unable - I am sorry. As our VIP @Graham_A asked, is your email still linked to an active VirginMedia account? 

If not, then he was correct and it's possible that your account is now Orphaned. Please do check the link he provided for more information

Hope that helps

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JustinMB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thanks for getting in touch. It isn't linked to an active account anymore, though this has been the case for quite some time and I certainly don't remember receiving any communication that the account would be closed, on the contrary there were emails when moving the account to the newer OS / appsuite.

I guess that's where my annoyance / frustration now lies. Frantically trying to update several online accounts I have with a new email address. For anyone else in a similar situation the software / service I found and mentioned has helped otherwise I'd be at a complete loss with some online services I need access to but you do have to pay for it and I'd rather just switch away now.

Pretty bad to just switch this off IMO without any recent warning or giving me chance to move all my accounts.

Appreciate your response though so thank you.

0 Kudos