Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 151 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

So she can't create a Gmail account then?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 152 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I don’t believe you actually need a VM email address to be able to open an account on this forum. That being the case, there’s no reason why she couldn’t spin up a Gmail or Outlook email address and use that just to be able to post in her own right here and there’s a very, very good chance that between us, the forum team and VM’s backend IT support people, this issue can be resolved.

Yes, I know, it’s another, annoying step, and it really shouldn’t be necessary…. Absolutely agree with you, it shouldn’t, but sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and jump through the hoops.

John

Highlighted
Liannemark
Tuning in
Message 153 of 294
Flag for a moderator

On page one of this thread click on modteam and scroll down and you can send them a message. Tell them and they will sort it out. They done it for my email they just needed account number, email and house number.

Hope that helps

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
larksfors
Joining in
Message 154 of 294
Flag for a moderator

thanks i will advise her to set up a gmail account and to creat an account here i was just trying to save her some trouble as she is not very technically minded .
fyi once she has created an account how will she tell virgin her email account if she is not allowed to post it
on this forum.
thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 155 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Just tell her to start by posting in this thread.  The Forum or Mod teams will use the Forum's private messaging system to request personal details like email address etc.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
r2danny2
Joining in
Message 156 of 294
Flag for a moderator

My email is [Removed]

Haven't been able to log in for weeks 

[Mod edit - removed personal information]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
po1945
Joining in
Message 157 of 294
Flag for a moderator

my email has been locked and i changed my password but its still locked, my blueyonder email account is locked so i had to register for the forum under a different email , thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 158 of 294
Flag for a moderator

If you keep an eye on the top right of the screen one of the @ModTeam will probably want to send you a private message (The purple envelope)  You'll know when the message has been sent as you'll see a number by the envelope.

Not sure what their hours are on a Sunday - so you may not get a response til tomorrow.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
terryjon
Tuning in
Message 159 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I had same problems for 14 days. Could not access email. Eventually I was put through to the tech team and within 5 minutes he reset everything and I was able to gain access to my emails via virgin website. Once I signed out I checked email via iPhone mail and they were all there. 

Taken me a lot of phone calls and texts to get this put right

Jg5
Tuning in
Message 160 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my email access was restored with your help about a month ago, but the issue has come up again and I'm locked out.  Hoping for your help again.

John

0 Kudos