Menu
Highlighted
NoEmails
Tuning in
Message 111 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into webmail

@ravenstar68, I appreciate your post. A few respectful points below in response.

• I've never been made aware that accounts were being locked due to suspicious activity so the information I gave Trading Standards were factually correct as far as I was aware. I've been given multiple 'fix' dates my multiple advisors, told to reset my password (which I knew wasn't the issue), been told there is no timeframe on the 'fix' etc. If this was a known action on behalf of Virgin I would at least expect a notification from them. People rely heavily on emails so should have been made aware.
  • While I accept Virgin can withdraw the email service again I would expect advance notification to enable people to source an alternative prior to their accounts being closed. That isn't the case here though.
  • I wonder why when, after numerous phonecalls and web chats, nobody has bothered to address this known issue after I've reported it again and again. Also, I've received no reply to any of my complaints which I find very poor. All in all the customer service has been dire. I don't see why people should have to find this forum and post in a specific thread to fix the issue.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 112 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Lets's deal with some of your issues.

With regards to the information from certain parts of the support teams - most notably first line support, but even the Forum Team aren't immune on occasions.

@Kev_B I'm including you in this post to see if you can escalate what we see here to those that matter.

The quality of the information many users who end up on the Forums given by some agents seems to be poor to downright wrong at times.  I sorely get cheesed off when I see things like

• virgin.net is looked after by TalkTalk - Hint - it's not (I'll admit I haven't seen that in a while but it has cropped up enough times previously)
  • this will definitely be fixed in 24-48 hours any repair times are only estimates and can usually go either way.  Some estimated repair times, for example in cases of oversubscribed area's aren't even that - they are triggers for a review of where Virgin Media is at with regards to dealing with a problem.
  • This is a known problem - that's ok to use provided you have the knowledge to understand what the problem is.  Sadly I get the impression that one of the following is happening:
    Agents see that there's an outage and just assume it's all part of the same problem.
    Agents are briefed on the issues but don't have the technical knowledge to understand them.
    Agents aren't updated by their team leaders
    Agents are updated by their team leaders but prefer to give whatever answer they can in order to get the caller off the line as quickly as possible.

I should stress that it is only my personal impression, I could be wrong and if so I apologise in advance to those agents.

I do think that Virgin Media needs to have a complete look at what responses their agents are giving out in situations like this.  Handling calls should be about quality of call handling, not just the quantity handled.  Some calls will always take longer than others.

However from your own wording - you appear to be under the misunderstanding that you pay for your email service.  Yet you don't, it is provided gratis to broadband customers.  The service is provided with no guarantee of uptime or how long it will take to resolve faults.  Even Gmail and Outlook.com don't have those guarantees for residential customers - HOWEVER they do use the same servers for residential and business email provision so any issues with those services are normally dealt with promptly..

Do I think however that a month to get to a resolution is acceptable.  I most certainly DO NOT.  I think that Virgin Media need to look at what is happening to customers here and learn lessons, to do this they should do an audit of all calls related to a particular customer and follow the trail to review the quality of information provided.

As stated previously - Virgin Media are unlikely to withdraw the email service.  Logistically it's impractical for them to do so - however based on past form, users would be likely to get several months notification if it ever did happen.

Your third point is more or less covered by mu answers to your first point.  As stated Virgin Media need to be reviewing what their agents are doing in these cases and ask themselves could we do better?

My understanding (and remember Superusers aren't Virgin Media employees) is that in many cases Virgin Media's agents don't have the technical knowledge beyond what's needed to deal with issues related to the hub, TV or phone services - and in many cases that is simply to the level of being able to decide whether or not to send out a technician to try and fix the issue.

When it comes to "known issues" they aren't able to think enough outside of the box to do anything other than to give an estimated fix time as a guaranteed one or to promise a call back from second line - which often never happens 😞 both outcomes I consider unacceptable myself.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

NickyBB
Dialled in
Message 113 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat as you @NoEmails and it has been over a month now without access to my Blueyonder accounts that I have held for 20 plus years. My whole life is linked to the accounts. Like you I have children at school doing exams/work experience school trips etc and a month without emails has messed up so many things. I accept VM can withdraw my email address but I think notice would have been nice after all the thousandsof pounds I've paid over the years!  I have spent hours trying to get it sorted out to no avail. I stayed loyal to VM to keep my email address but now that has gone once my CISAS complaint has gone through I'll be off.

0 Kudos
peternewsham
Joining in
Message 114 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Please unlock my account 

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 115 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Peter

Never a good idea to post your full email address in a public forum as it's now going to be spammed to death. It's too late for you to edit it so I've flagged it for a moderator to edit the address out for you.

First thing, are you still a VM broadband customer, no break in subscription since you set the address up?

0 Kudos
peternewsham
Joining in
Message 116 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I am a customer of talk talk now for broadband. The email with virgin.net was something I had for 10 plus years. I have a gmail now, I just need to get all my old emails before I close it down

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 117 of 294
Flag for a moderator

I should warn you now, I would be very surprised if Virgin Media unlocks your email Peter.

Former ADSL customers were told at the time that they would only get 12 months usage after the transfer to TalkTalk.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 118 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I can't login to webmail either. I don't use VM as my main address but would still like to have access. I've tried clearing cookies/using a different browser etc.

0 Kudos
HellsBellsP
Joining in
Message 119 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Email

Hi I haven't been able to access my Virginmedia email for nearly two weeks. I am a VM customer.

When trying to access via web I either get an HTTP 500 internal Server error or "inbox not available - trying again later". Unable to access via home laptop or Apple Devices.

I had absolutely no help from customer services who said there was "an issue in my area" !?!?!?!

Please can someone provide some ideas of what I can do to try to resolve this issue? Like others my email is really important for holiday documentation, insurance documents etc etc so I am somewhat at a loss without it.

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
HellsBellsP
Joining in
Message 120 of 294
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I cannot get into my email account. Receive error message as stated in this post. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos