Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to log into my original blueyonder account and now all has gone!

Evening all, 

Access to my BlueYonder email failed on me a while ago and I have struggled to get through to anyone at the Virgin Media customer centre either by phone or after logging a ticket. 

I spoke to an IT friend of mine, who after asking for every type of information under the sun was able to get into my account.... well sort of!

When he logged into the account, it said that as my account no longer had an email account linked to it, he had to set up a new username which now appears to give me a new @virginmedia.com address.

The problem I now have is, I have had my blueyonder account for a number of years, but now I am unable to access myBlueYonder account at all, it seems to have been deleted, despite my Virgin account still being active.

I am an frontline NHS keyworker and need to access information in my email to renew my pin. Currently, as I am unable to access the email account this could have severe repercussions, so I need to move fast to resolve this!

Can someone on here please get someone from Virgin Media’s team to contact me as soon as possible to sort this out. My IT guy has said for them to contact him if all else fails, as he is now working from home too and has finally got into my account after a lot of messing around.

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to log into my original blueyonder account and now all has gone!

A couple of things you can try are:

Enter the blueyonder email address into mailtester.com to see if is still active.  If it is you will several lines of green text.  If red the mailbox has been closed.

If it does show as active try these tools to regain access:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good evening Graham,

My IT friend did a test for me says that the email address should still be able to accept email. 

He has tried to go to the link you sent and the result is ‘Unable to find your username’

I have had my email address for over 10 years, so now to be told that my username/email address cannot be found is quite frankly an insult.

I pay for my service every month and now cannot get ANY kind of official support from Virgin Media. My only avenue is this forum and I’m disgusted. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

All I can suggest is that you wait for the VM Forum Team to reach this thread.  Response times are much slower currently due to the ongoing crisis.

At least with the email address still active there is a glimmer of hope that it can be re attached to your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jawollaston,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry you're having this issue. 

I will private message you so we can look into this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar issue.  I'm not an NHS worker or anyone who has priority so I am stumped as, even worse than your situation. my internal account email address was set to Freeserve  - which shut down 3 years ago.  It's now catch 22 as I can't update my VirginMedia details 'til I can access my account and I can't access my account as I need my PIN, and my PIN was presumably sent to Freeserve.  In 2010.

It's really difficult to access Support (quite understandably) and, when I do get through, they seem bemused by the issue.  I think someone is finally on the case so fingers crossed. . . .

p.s. I usually write everything down.  I have log books going back to 2006 but no mention of a PIN.  I'm wondering if Virgin accounts had PINs in 2010. . . .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi JennyE1, 

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues accessing you old email account. 

We did try and assist on your own post but we've had no response. 

Sounds like we might need to have a closer look and raise an IT ticket to get this sorted, so I'll pop you a personal message now. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Doh! My postcode is S8 0GW . . . . I was confusing it with my old house RG10 0xl. it's my age . . .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Agree. Virgin Support is a shambles. I know it's a difficult situation but emailing me to say they can't get in contact takes the biscuit. . .
0 Kudos