cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access My Profile and Manage Accounts

tintin99
Tuning in

Over the last couple of days when I click My Profile and Manage Accounts I just get the "Oops! Something's Broken" screen.

I've tried clearing the browser cache, different browsers and different devices and get the error screen every time.

From looking at other threads on this problem it looks like it might need a referral to the IT Team.

Thanks in anticipation,

Bob.

7 REPLIES 7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @tintn99,

I'd be happy to look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Since reporting this problem over three weeks ago I still cannot access My Profile and Manage Accounts!!!

I'm thinking I should move my email accounts somewhere else.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tintin99 

Did you ever get back to David_Bn's offer of help on 11th November?

He sent you a private message which you can access from here private message.png at the top of the forum. Just click on the envelope.

Coenoby

BTW don't just think about opening up a new email account(s) - just do it.

There are lots to choose from  https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts  All of those are more secure, more reliable and better supported than VM's email service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I did get back to David_Bn.  We've been exchanging private messages over the past three weeks and he's tried to help but I get the impression he's limited in what he can actually do.  Apparently the IT Team have been working on the problem and David has been acting as a kind of go-between.  It's not exactly satisfactory!!

This all started because I received a scam email to one of my VM email addresses and my full name on it. I wanted to change passwords and set up new email addresses but discovered that I can't actually access my account!

Time to move on I think!

Hi @tintin99 I am really sorry.

I can see you're still liaising with David.  He will keep you updated.

Regards

Lee_R

I first raised this problem back in November - 5 months ago!  Since then I have been in contact with David on this forum who has been trying to help by liaising with IT support.  Despite my chasing him nothing has happened.  There have been promises that IT are looking into it but there hasn't been any change.  I want to get into my email accounts to change passwords and I've been unable to since November.

I've tried many times clearing my browsing history, using different browsers etc but still get the "Oops something's broken" screen.  I've also sent screenshots of the problem.

Over the last week or so I've actually had two voicemails from IT support but have been unable to understand what they've said.  My hearing is bad and it makes phone calls difficult so there's not much point in me calling back.  My wife tells me that in the last voicemail they said that if I didn't call back they would close the ticket.

The website seems to be a complete mess but I remember seeing a form for raising a complaint somewhere.  If I can find it again I think that's what I'll do!

Hi tintin99,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry to hear your issue which is stopping you signing into your online account still has not been resolved, I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you, so I can discuss this further I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.