cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Log Into My Email

Jayded
Tuning in

As of today ,my email has stopped logging in, it was fine yesterday.  I have tried to access the online login and I get the message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

What has happened?

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jayded wrote:

What has happened?

Virgin Media have locked your email account for some reason.  See VM's post here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

That page gives you instructions on how to unlock the account yourself but is bit light on the specifics of how to do it.

Follow the "this page" link in that VM post and sign into the My Virgin Media account for the effected email account.

Then click on the "Update settings" tab and then you'll see the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password. While you are there, also set up a password recovery question.

Change the password to something you have never used before and leave it 20 minutes before trying to log into the email account to give time for the update to propagate round all the VM email servers. If you normally access the account via an email app or client you will need to update the app or client email settings to use the new password.

Resetting the email account password often does the trick but sometimes it does require VM to reset the password to unlock the account.

Try changing the password an see how it goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The password change worked, thanks for helping out, much appreciated 🙂

Hi Jayded, 

Thanks for posting this on our forums and for following the advice of our fabulous VIP @coenoby 😁 

I am really glad their advice helped, if you need any other assistance please let us know and we will all be happy to help!

Thanks,

Megan_L