Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 21 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: {UPDATE} Unable to access webmail: Error 606

@Sololobo wrote:

snip....

So in effect nothing has changed and the issue still persists. 

....snip

Unless of course VM have been quietly changing some stuff in the background!

I doubt that we'll ever hear exactly what the issue is but - and this is just a stab in the dark -  if were to mention 'mixed content blocking by default in the latest Chrome release' would I be a million miles away?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 22 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi @jem101,

Can you confirm if you've followed these steps and if it's made a difference for you?

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 23 of 78
Flag for a moderator

@Michael_JK 

Michael, I've never had the problem, - I'm just idly speculating on what the underlaying issue might be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 24 of 78
Flag for a moderator

I cant log into webmail:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi simontaylor23. Sorry for any impact this is having. Does following the steps above not help at all? Some users have also had success by resetting their email password via another browser. 

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 26 of 78
Flag for a moderator

The customer service from Virgin Media was a nightmare for me when i had this error 606 problem for ten days.They kept telling me to change my password but as i couldn't access my virgin media account through any browser on my laptop how was i supposed to do that? Same problem on my mobile.They also always denied it was a known problem. I rang at least 17 times and spoke to many unhelpful at times customer service people.One even cut the call and another one told me he wasn't going to start arguing with me.Eventually i insisted on being put through to a manager. Virgin must have done something at their end then because shortly after the issue was resolved.Over the years i have always found customer service abysmal and it still is today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 27 of 78
Flag for a moderator

customer service is poor because VM dont invest in it. They off-shore, they pay peanuts, they dont provide much staff training and staff turnover is high. It is the accountants that run the business. If we paid more, it "might" be a little better.
life !
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 28 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to access webmail: Error 606

Ditto. But if I use my mobile or Firefox there are no problems! Been like it since last update !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 78
Flag for a moderator

Hi sarahknee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the email issues. Have you tried the advice given in the thread to fix this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 30 of 78
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi sarahknee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the email issues. Have you tried the advice given in the thread to fix this?

The advice to clear cookies and cache in Chrome, or to use a different browser? Using a different browser does not rectify the problem, it only sidesteps the issue.

Kind regards,

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.