Menu
MikeMartin
Up to speed
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring an email account

Thank you Jen.  I just needed to get a definitive answer from Virgin.

Given two partners splitting up is a fairly common situation then there must be high demand for the general requirement to transfer (just one) mailbox to a new Virgin account.  I am now fully aware this is not currently possible, but if Virgin was wanting to retain customers it is a feature that Virgin in the future should provide.

Can you take this requirement up your line management to get some action on this pressing requirement for future action.  It is in Virgin’s interest to do so.  If one partner has to change their email address on hundreds of websites to a new non ISP mail address then they might as well move to another ISP like BT, Sky or any other.  A key reason for retaining customers is continuity of email addresses, and that currently does not work after a couple split.

Of course I am aware of other member’s advice here that it is better to have a non ISP mail address. Unfortunately, that is a bit late after you had been using an ISP’s mail address for almost two decades, and have hundreds of accounts on websites across the internet that use that ISP mail address.

Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MikeMartin, 

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you; I can certainly appreciate that you're keen to get this sorted and we want to help as much as possible. 

As Jen has explained, we are able to carry out a 'Move and Transfer' of any email addresses on an account, once the account has been disconnected, to an active Virgin Media account. This process would transfer all email addresses and we are unable to select specific ones to move. This process means that any email accounts linked to the active account would be lost. 

This means that if this process was to be followed for the scenario you've explained, both your Son's and his Wife's email addresses would move to your account, however any email addresses you currently have on your account would be lost. I'm afraid this is the only option we have for transferring email accounts. 

If you're Son's account is cancelled, the email address would close within 90 days of the disconnection, and this is again not something we can stop. 

In order to retain a Virgin Media email address, or any associated domains such as NTLworld, Blueyonder etc. the email address would need to he linked to an active Broadband account. It is not possible to link an email address to accounts for other services such as Mobile, TV only etc. 

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you were looking for and I'm very sorry that we've been unable to deliver better news.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

dante01
Well-informed
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm wanting to have an email address transfered over from a previous account to a new account after a transfer of responsibilities.

The old ntlworld address is the primary account associated with the old My Virgin Media account (now closed, but still accessible online) and I want it to be the new primary account associated with my new My Virgin Media account. I was told that this would be possible when I initially asked after the transfer of responsibility took place, but I'd  first need to register a new My Virgin Media account online in order tohave an account to move the old email address to. This wasn't possible initially due to a fault with Virgin Media's online registration process  and I had to wait 6 weeks for Virgin's IT team to fix this. The issue with regisyering has now been resolved, but I'm now having problems getting frontline customer services to understand whet I'm asking for when I request a move and transfer. I'm under the impression that if the old email isn't move in the next 5 weeks then the 90 day period of grace associated with the old account will have elapsed and the old email will be deleted. I'd like someone to intervene on my behalf to ensure what the frontline support staff have requested is actually a move and transfer and that the ticket they've raised is requesting this correctly. The ticket number associated with this is P009437361.

I'd also like to know how long this takes?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@dante01 

While I appreciate you want your problem solved, this is not the way to get it done.  You've broken at least 3 Forum Guidelines here.  Guidelines that may seem frustrating but are in place for good reason.

1. Don'e make posts in multiple locations.  You already have a thread going on this problem, your posts should remain in that thread.
  2. Thread necromancy - resurrecting old threads.  This thread ran it's course back in Feb and has had no further posts since.
  3. Adding your problem to someone else's thread.  It just ends up confusing a thread, all threads are usually one user one problem = one thread.  Replies in a thread should be aimed at helping the original poster.  Multiple posters with separate problems in the same thread is a recipe for a headache, that's why Superthreads rarely happen, and even when they do they need careful moderation.

The community and the Forum Team want to help and certainly will help, but the guidelines are in place to aid the smooth working of the Forum, please respect them.

@ModTeam Could you please consider locking this thread?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi dante01,

Thanks for your post, I'm happy to pick this up for you

I'll drop you a PM to assist you with the move and transfer of the E-Mail addresses from the previous account to the new one

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

Highlighted
dante01
Well-informed
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn wrote:

Hi dante01,

Thanks for your post, I'm happy to pick this up for you

I'll drop you a PM to assist you with the move and transfer of the E-Mail addresses from the previous account to the new one

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

Thank you

0 Kudos